It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 5:22 am

That ladder match >>>

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

That ladder match >>>

Postby Messiah » Apr 08, '18, 9:36 am

It was, at the very least, the best multi-man ladder match I can ever remember watching (and I'd argue it might be the best ladder match of all-time in general). Holy shit. Literally every single guy brought everything to the table, ESPECIALLY the Dream (seriously, does any wrestler in the world have a better elbow drop?). Some of the spots were insane. It also really helped that you could believe in every guy winning, something that usually isn't the case in these 6 man ladder matches. Well, maybe not Dain (but he's great), but everyone else. I was expecting them to have Ricochet win.

Adam Cole was the perfect choice to win. That dude is super over. "ADAM COLE, BAY BAY" might be my favorite catchphrase of all-time.

Cole vs Ricochet rivalry pleaseeeeee

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: That ladder match >>>

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 08, '18, 10:06 am

Absolutely one of the best ladder matches for sure. There were so many dangerous looking spots and the pacing was pretty damn good for a match like that. I'm happy that they got over 30 minutes to work, which really added to how special it was.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 177

Postby Messiah » Apr 08, '18, 10:12 am

VaderBomb wrote:Absolutely one of the best ladder matches for sure. There were so many dangerous looking spots and the pacing was pretty damn good for a match like that. I'm happy that they got over 30 minutes to work, which really added to how special it was.

Dream doing the Death Valley Driver on Richocet on the ladder was scary as hell. I thought his leg was going to go through.

I'm about to re-watch the match.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 08, '18, 10:51 am

Messiah wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:Absolutely one of the best ladder matches for sure. There were so many dangerous looking spots and the pacing was pretty damn good for a match like that. I'm happy that they got over 30 minutes to work, which really added to how special it was.

Dream doing the Death Valley Driver on Richocet on the ladder was scary as hell. I thought his leg was going to go through.

I'm about to re-watch the match.

Oh man, I know.

I was whispering "Please don't die" to myself before the crowd started chanting it. When they started the chant, my girlfriend turned to me confused and I had to explain to her that it's a pretty popular wrestling crowd chant and that I wasn't some sort of transcendental wizard. I was genuinely scared for the well being of pretty much all of these guys, but they're all such great professionals that I doubt any of them got seriously hurt, despite how brutal many of the spots were.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby The Legend » Apr 08, '18, 11:31 am

Better than the original TLC matches. I explained more of my thoughts in the other thread, but all of those guys brought something (EC3 the least) to the match and it wouldn't have been the same if you subbed any of them out.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Apr 08, '18, 12:59 pm

EC3's main role in that match was to get killed, but he did a good job getting killed. It wasn't the right kind of match for him to truly shine but he performed his role well and didn't lose anything from his participation in the match. Everyone else came out looking better than they went in though, which is a fantastic return.

The Death Valley Driver on the ladder bridge was the scariest spot of the night, but it seemed to go perfectly. Ricochet pulled some ridiculous stuff out of his hat and this was a great way to show people what the hype is all about right from the start. A feud between Ricochet and Cole is surely coming soon, and should be fantastic.

This match even gives me some hope from the future because a lot of these guys feel like they fit the mold of wrestlers that would be pushed on the main roster also, while also being entertaining. I could see Ricochet, Velveteen and Adam Cole all having big futures on the main roster because of their looks, their ages, and their personalities. And we all know that Vince loves a big dude so Dain and Sullivan definitely have a shot.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE