It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 3:43 am

Ronda Rousey pulled from most pre-Mania RAW's

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Ronda Rousey pulled from most pre-Mania RAW's

Postby The Legend » Mar 13, '18, 2:10 pm

Ronda Rousey had previously been advertised to appear at every remaining RAW leading up to Mania. She didn't appear last night and now has been removed from ads for the next two RAW's as well. The only show she appears scheduled to be on now is the go home show before Mania.

Between Rousey, Undertaker and Lesnar I'm starting to wonder if the next three RAW's will be nothing except showing the WrestleMania sign hanging above an empty arena?

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Ronda Rousey pulled from most pre-Mania RAW's

Postby Hanley! » Mar 13, '18, 4:23 pm

The Legend wrote:Ronda Rousey had previously been advertised to appear at every remaining RAW leading up to Mania. She didn't appear last night and now has been removed from ads for the next two RAW's as well. The only show she appears scheduled to be on now is the go home show before Mania.

Between Rousey, Undertaker and Lesnar I'm starting to wonder if the next three RAW's will be nothing except showing the WrestleMania sign hanging above an empty arena?

But who will point at it? :crybaby

I'm not going to lie, I don't really care about Ronda or this angle, and I'm not watching Raw these days anyway, so this story doesn't exactly bother me either way. But it's a great example of why I hate what Wrestlemania has become.

The top matches tend to be at least 50% part-timers who I already don't care about anymore, who also barely show up meaning there's no time to at least build a decent story before the show. Then the rest of the card is just guys thrown together in the most convenient, uninspired matches possible.

It's weird that the company is building to the biggest show of the year, but it doesn't feel like those on creative are making any effort whatsoever. They just announce matches, and get people to point at a sign.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 13, '18, 8:10 pm

The Ronda and Angle vs Triple H and Steph story has actually been handled very well so far imo. Ronda has been good in her role. Really everyone else has too, and Haitch and Steph have put her over well. I reckon the match at Wrestlemania will be fun if it's booked right and kept short. If most of it is Angle vs Triple H one-on-one it'll turn into a snoozefest real soon. I'm still concerned about Angle being a shell of his former self, which is why his workload in the match needs to be kept low too.

Is there a story behind why they pulled her? Seems strange because Ronda straight up said in her promo that she doesn't want any special treatment and will show up to every Raw before Mania. Maybe they don't have enough material for three shows and don't want to overexpose her.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby The Legend » Mar 13, '18, 9:01 pm

^^^ Or she lied through her teeth in that promo and she's going to get plenty of special treatment on her way to becoming the female Brock Lesnar.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Return to WWE