It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 2:36 am

Interesting article about Cody Rhodes in The Ringer

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Interesting article about Cody Rhodes in The Ringer

Postby Everlong » Mar 06, '18, 1:48 pm

http://therin.gr/66htMOc

Well worth the read for ya'll.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Interesting article about Cody Rhodes in The Ringer

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 10, '18, 9:10 pm

Cody seems to have really gotten over in the indies. He has always been good at playing his various characters, and I think this current one fits him most.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Postby VaderBomb » Mar 11, '18, 9:14 am

Oh man, I'd give up two inches of my dick to experience Dusty Rhodes demanding a glow-in-the-dark Yoda figure from me.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby Hanley! » Mar 11, '18, 3:34 pm

That was a really good read. Dusty died the same year as my Dad, and there were bits of this article that kinda hit home for me. The story of Dusty and Cody is a bittersweet one. Obviously Dusty's passing was really sad, but it's nice that their relationship was in a good place at the time. And it's great to see how Cody has managed to pay tribute to his father over the last couple of years, but without trying to emulate him or live in his shadow.

Cody is one of the guys I respect most in the industry right now. He's carving out his own legacy entirely separate from his Dad, and he's managed to make a huge name for himself outside of WWE, when nobody would have backed him to do it a few years ago. The guy has come a long way, and is one of the most important names in the business these days.

As annoyed as I am that the 'All In' show is going to be in Chicago (Cody did an OTT show a few months ago where he said that Dublin was one of the four cities under consideration ... and I would have traveled to London for it too), I really hope the show is a sell out and a success. It would be massive for the industry.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby PorkChop » Mar 12, '18, 8:44 am

VaderBomb wrote:Oh man, I'd give up two inches of my dick to experience Dusty Rhodes demanding a glow-in-the-dark Yoda figure from me.

Same, though if I gave up 2 inches I'd have nothing left.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Return to WWE