It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 5:05 am

More TNA stars coming to WWE

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

More TNA stars coming to WWE

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 03, '18, 2:24 pm

EC3 appeared at NXT, Rockstar Spud became the GM of 205 Live, and there are reports that Bobby Lashley will be Brock Lesnar's next feud after Wrestlemania.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: More TNA stars coming to WWE

Postby Hanley! » Feb 03, '18, 2:35 pm

Brock Lesnar vs Bobby Lashley. Shut up and give me back my money.

Spud should be a really good fit for WWE. EC3 could excel if they give him the right gimmick on the main roster, but he's not the right kind of wrestler to really catch fire in NXT. If I were them, I'd probably bring him right up to Smackdown after Wrestlemania, if not before.

Jeremy Borash has also signed with them, and he might be the biggest blow in some ways. To me that's a real indication that TNA are going down the tubes. I'm glad that he's found work elsewhere, and hope he does well in WWE. He always seemed vital to TNA's existence.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 03, '18, 7:43 pm

They way they have dealt with these guys' names is weird. EC3 gets to keep his, even though that stands for Ethan Carter III, so in kayfabe he is still known as Dixie Carter's nephew. But they boot up the random name generator for Rockstar Spud and change his name to... Drake Maverick.

Borash to WWE is strange in the sense that the guy is about as TNA as you can get, but good for him. How many originals are left now? Abyss?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Feb 03, '18, 8:38 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:They way they have dealt with these guys' names is weird. EC3 gets to keep his, even though that stands for Ethan Carter III, so in kayfabe he is still known as Dixie Carter's nephew. But they boot up the random name generator for Rockstar Spud and change his name to... Drake Maverick.

Borash to WWE is strange in the sense that the guy is about as TNA as you can get, but good for him. How many originals are left now? Abyss?

Drake Maverick is a great wrestling name for him though. I'm not surprised they got rid of Rockstar Spud, because it's a pretty dodgy name and maybe overly British. Probably doesn't suit the gimmick they have in mind for him either. I don't have a problem with that.

Maverick is a great wrestling surname in general actually ... :D

I think Abyss is the last original left now. Storm left back in the fall. Rats off a sinking ship.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Feb 04, '18, 12:40 am

It says on TNA's website that Homicide and Konnan are still there, along with Sonjay Dutt and Petey Williams. Not sure if they all are total originals, but have certainly been on there for a realllllly long time, Especially, Williams, Konnan and Homicide.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Feb 04, '18, 7:23 am

The Legend wrote:It says on TNA's website that Homicide and Konnan are still there, along with Sonjay Dutt and Petey Williams. Not sure if they all are total originals, but have certainly been on there for a realllllly long time, Especially, Williams, Konnan and Homicide.

That's interesting if true, though all of those guys were gone for a really long time between TNA's peak and now. So it'd be more of a case of TNA originals coming back to the company for the twilight of their careers. Even then, Konnan is more involved with his own promotion, and I think Dutt might have a creative role more than an in-ring one.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Feb 04, '18, 9:33 pm

Hanley! wrote:
The Legend wrote:It says on TNA's website that Homicide and Konnan are still there, along with Sonjay Dutt and Petey Williams. Not sure if they all are total originals, but have certainly been on there for a realllllly long time, Especially, Williams, Konnan and Homicide.

That's interesting if true, though all of those guys were gone for a really long time between TNA's peak and now. So it'd be more of a case of TNA originals coming back to the company for the twilight of their careers. Even then, Konnan is more involved with his own promotion, and I think Dutt might have a creative role more than an in-ring one.

Could be. It's been years I've seen anything of Impact.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Everlong » Feb 11, '18, 7:30 am

How is TNA even still a thing?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 11, '18, 4:04 pm

Everlong wrote:How is TNA even still a thing?

It's not. It's called Impact Wrestling now.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Feb 11, '18, 5:34 pm

Everlong wrote:How is TNA even still a thing?

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it, can Impact somehow maintain a television deal?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Return to WWE