It is currently: Apr 19, '24, 10:02 am

Royal Rumble match thoughts?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Royal Rumble match thoughts?

Postby Everlong » Jan 28, '18, 8:08 pm

Thoughts on the Royal Rumble match?

Nakamura winning wasn't a huge surprise. Love how they had him take out Cena and Reigns at the very end to make sure the fans cheered for him, hahaha.

Finn Balor being the iron man of the match was a big surprise. Great performance from him.

I marked out hard for The Hurricane, and EVEN HARDER for Rey. The way they treated Rey in the match makes me wonder if he is going to be sticking around?

In general, a more entertaining Rumble than we've seen in recent years. nothing particularly incredible, but it at least wasn't a massive disappointment like we've seen.

Also, my wife was watching with me (her first Rumble) and she was enjoying herself, which made it a lot of fun. Her reactions to the pancakes from New Day were especially priceless.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 2439

Re: Royal Rumble match thoughts?

Postby KaiserGlider » Jan 29, '18, 12:11 am

Best Rumble match in a long, long time. Glad we finally got a winner that everyone marked out for, and the fact that we're getting Styles vs Nakamura at Wrestlemania for the WWE Championship is insane.

I really liked the final 4 round - I could see all four of those wrestlers potentially winning the match. In recent years it seems like the Rumble ends relatively quickly after #30 comes out, so it was nice to really get knock-down, drag-out sequence between the last guys this year. Nakamura eliminating Cena was great, and Nak vs Reigns had me on the edge of my seat.

Not really any dull moments in the match. It was well-booked overall and lots of people got to look good. The surprise entrants were done well, especially Rey Mysterio. He looked great!

This is how all Rumbles should be. Really good match.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Re: Royal Rumble match thoughts?

Postby JDD » Jan 29, '18, 10:08 am

The best Rumble in a long time for sure. They picked a great winner for the first time in a while. I marked hard for hurrican and rey and hopefully they give them spots on 205 live to help that show out. The whole New Generation vs Old Generation standoff with the final 6 was awesome. I was on the edge of my seat from that point until the end of the match.

The thing that made this rumble great was unpredictability. All of the final six minus Rey had a legitimate shot at winning. Overall, an amazing and fun match. And if Styles was able to have MOTN with Shane at last years mania, imagine the show him and Nakamura are gonna put on for the title.

THANKS IRIN
JDD Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

Topics: 78

Return to WWE