It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 8:05 am

Woken Matt Hardy in WWE

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Woken Matt Hardy in WWE

Postby KaiserGlider » Dec 15, '17, 11:50 pm

I have a bad feeling that they will drive this gimmick into the ground and make it fade away and classify itself as obsolete within 6 months, but I hope I'm wrong and they let Matt have as much creative freedom as possible with the character. What is the future of BWoken Matt Hardy?

Should Jeff come back as Brother Nero and join Matt like he did in TNA, or is he better off staying away and being the charismatic babyface?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Woken Matt Hardy in WWE

Postby Hanley! » Dec 16, '17, 6:26 am

I always assumed that the Broken Matt stuff wouldn't work in WWE. It seems too much at odds with their sterile, polished, highly-scripted environment. The reason the gimmick worked so well in TNA is that it was kitschy and low-rent and very self-aware. Not to mention hilariously ridiculous. I don't think that's something WWE can pull off these days.

We've heard Bray Wyatt spouting nonsense before. Based on the video posted above, this just seems like more of the same from Matt. For this to work Matt needs to be throwing babies at people, attacking people with drones, having his toddler compete in matches, shooting fireworks at people and hiding behind dilapidated boats. It needs to be fun and ridiculous and physical - don't just talk the crazy; do the crazy.

Remember when WWE tried to rip off the Broken Hardys stuff with Wyatt Family compound stuff, it sucked. I feel like Woken Matt Hardy is going to suck too. I hope I'm wrong, because I admire Matt for reinventing himself so successfully this late in his career. But from the video above it looks like WWE are on their way to stripping away everything fun about the character.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Return to WWE