It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 7:43 am

Angle's next match, Survivor Series teams

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Angle's next match, Survivor Series teams

Postby KaiserGlider » Oct 30, '17, 8:35 pm

PW Insider wrote:As of this afternoon, the plan for Survivor Series on 11/19 in Houston, Texas is that Kurt Angle will return to the ring to lead team Raw against a Smackdown Live team led by Shane McMahon.

Raw:
Kurt Angle
Finn Balor
Roman Reigns
Samoa Joe
Braun Strowman

Smackdown:
Shane McMahon
Randy Orton
Bobby Roode
AJ Styles
Shinsuke Nakamura

Damn, this is stacked. Last years's 5-on-5 match was a lot of fun so I have high hopes for this one. The only thing I don't like is the fact that there's no real point to this match, nothing at stake. I'll be surprised if Raw doesn't win.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Angle's next match, Survivor Series teams

Postby Hanley! » Nov 01, '17, 4:57 pm

From an in ring standpoint, this looks like a pretty damn good match. Get Shane out of there fast, and use Braun Strowman sparingly. There's opportunity for a few cool encounters here:

- Styles vs Balor again
- Styles vs Joe for the first time in WWE
- Styles vs Reigns for the first time since their great feud last year
- Styles vs Angle for the first time in WWE
- Orton vs Joe for the first time ever
- Angle vs Nakamura for the first time since their New Japan run
- Strowman vs Nakamura in the battle of weird charisma

It's a pretty stacked match, which it really has to be because of how lousy the singles matches are. The singles matches are all weird heel vs heel mismatches. Corbin vs Miz, Bliss vs Nattie, Jinder vs Brock ... nobody asked for any of those, and they'd have to majorly over-deliver to make this show worth watching. A lot is going to be riding on the Survivor Series match.

Which is why it's a little disappointing that Raw seem the obvious winners. The talent levels on both sides are pretty even, but when you look at the guys that WWE are likely to want to protect and push going forwards, Raw's team looks so much stronger. They'll be reluctant to let Angle, Reigns or Strowman be pinned, while I don't think they'll have any problems pinning anyone on the Smackdown side.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Re: Angle's next match, Survivor Series teams

Postby The Legend » Nov 01, '17, 5:32 pm

I totally agree that the success of Survivor Series really will swing on the tag matches. I'm less sure about how the show will turn out and the result.

I think the most likely result of the show is RAW and SD split the results 3 to 3.

Brock and Alexa are guaranteed wins for RAW, the Usos and the SD women are guaranteed wins for SD. The questions comes to whether Miz beats Baron (which would make the most sense), then SD wins. I'd be disappointed if Miz and RAW both won to give RAW a 4-2 advantage over SD. If RAW is shown as dominant then everything they've done with SD in the past couple weeks is a waste of time.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to WWE