It is currently: May 04, '24, 5:48 am

Is Braun Strowman the most successful WWE homegrown male talent since Roman Reigns?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Is Braun Strowman the most successful WWE homegrown male talent since Roman Reigns?

Postby KaiserGlider » Aug 21, '17, 11:13 pm

He's been on fire all year even after losing his undefeated streak all the way back at Fastlane, which I thought was going to be the beginning of the end for him, but surprisingly his momentum kept going after that. Had an impressive performance in the Royal Rumble, arguably the feud of the year with Roman Reigns, and was extremely over when he obliterated Brock Lesnar two nights in a row. Now he's going on to face Brock for the title at No Mercy. Is this the era of BRAAAAAAUUN?

Last edited by KaiserGlider on Aug 22, '17, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Is Braun the most successful WWE homegrown male talent since Roman Reigns?

Postby Circled Square » Aug 22, '17, 2:50 am

He actually took big steps forward and noticeably developed on TV it's what seperates him from Buried Snorbin and Big Meme

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Re: Is Braun the most successful WWE homegrown male talent since Roman Reigns?

Postby Ali » Aug 22, '17, 5:26 pm

Braun Strowman works because he's simple. He's a big dude that eats all of the people, and all he wants to do is eat all of the people. The only reason he even wants the Universal Championship is that it is unequivocal proof that he is the best at eating all of the people. And fans can get behind that! It is very easy to look at him and say, "Go, Braun, you go eat all of the people!"

And its fun to just watch a big dude destroy people, it always has been, going back to Haystacks Calhoun. Andre the Giant, Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, Batista, even guys like Bobby Lashley and Ryback all got massively over at one point just by being big dudes that wrecked everyone and everything in their path. Not a lot of character depth, but you don't really need that. As long as Braun Strowman keeps being the Monster Among Men, he's gonna be over. He's not really even face or heel, he just IS, and that's refreshing.

Putting the title on him and giving him a nice, long, dominant reign is the best thing WWE can do at this point. If he can easily put away all challengers, it'll build a natural story of who can possibly beat him? And if the guy that gets the nod is a scrappy, tough-as-nails, super skilled small guy like Finn Balor or Sami Zayn to name examples, that's even better in terms of a story.

Braun Strowman is one of the best things going right now in WWE, because WWE isn't trying to fix what isn't broken. He doesn't need to be a great "worker", he's a throwback. He's a sure fire gimmick that will basically always work. As long as they let him be, its great.

Credit to SKS for the new Waluigi World Order!

My movie rating scale:
  • AMAZINGLY AWESOME!!!
  • Great
  • Good
  • Enjoyable Crap
  • Crap
  • I WILL KILL EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH THIS PRODUCTION

Last movie seen - Inside Out; Rating - Amazingly Awesome
Ali Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 43

Re: Is Braun Strowman the most successful WWE homegrown male talent since Roman Reigns?

Postby prophet » Aug 23, '17, 4:41 pm

Yes.

"I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOUUUUUUUU" is my favourite WWE catchphrase of the last decade.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Is Braun Strowman the most successful WWE homegrown male talent since Roman Reigns?

Postby KaiserGlider » Aug 28, '17, 10:34 pm

I hope they give Braun the ball at No Mercy. It's one of those "strike while the iron is hot" moments that may not be there again for him. Joe was also getting hot a month ago but it wasn't like this, there was less long-term momentum behind him and I feel like Joe is still going to win the title at some other show, whereas with Braun this is the best chance ever to establish him as the ultimate monster. Otherwise, I don't know who the hell is going to beat Lesnar at this rate. Lesnar has beaten everybody. Hell, he beat everybody at the same time at Summerslam and he even pinned Roman, the guy who he is supposedly penciled-in to face at the next Wrestlemania.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Return to WWE