It is currently: Mar 28, '24, 12:39 pm

Mahal/Orton is, BY FAR, the worst WWE Championship feud of all-time

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Mahal/Orton is, BY FAR, the worst WWE Championship feud of all-time

Postby Messiah » Jul 12, '17, 10:13 am

If you thought Wyatt/Orton was bad, then you would think this feud was something sent from the depths of hell. This feud is literally a footnote on SmackDown right now. I dare someone to find me a worse World Championship feud.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Mahal/Orton is, BY FAR, the worst WWE Championship feud of all-time

Postby Str8Shooter » Jul 12, '17, 11:24 am

I'd have to think about it but yeah it's terrible.

The fact that Jinder is buried in the first hour on Smackdown almost every week and is usually limited to one segment on the show is telling. Even they know it's not going over well. I'd pretty much expect Jinder to lose at Summerslam at the latest and slide back down the card.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby SlightlyJames » Jul 12, '17, 2:22 pm

They turned the WWE Championship into a midcard belt. The US Title is the top prize on Smackdown and they're not even trying to hide it.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 275

Postby Hanley! » Jul 12, '17, 2:27 pm

It's worrying how often we're getting these threads at the moment. :lol

It really depends on what criteria you use to judge the quality of a championship feud. The writing in the Wyatt vs Orton feud was much worse. And the match quality was somehow probably worse too. But the sheer lack of star power or fan investment in this feud is probably a record low.

The feud does suck. Honestly I have watched almost none of it, because it's basically stopped me from watching Smackdown. Even the pay per views, which are the one thing I used to watch without fail. I've missed the last two Smackdown pay per views now and don't see that changing soon, because I just don't give a shit about a show with Jinder as champion. You know a title feud is bad if it's already turning off the audience before they even get a chance to do anything. But for what it's worth, I have looked at the results for some of the shows since then and it sounds like everything they're doing with the guy has also been pretty bad.

And Orton is not the guy to carry a nothing to an entertaining title feud right now. When's the last time anyone gave a fuck about Orton? He's the most overexposed, yet somehow underdeveloped wrestler in the whole company, and the fact that it doesn't feel like he gives much of a shit doesn't endear him to fans either.

Jinder vs Orton would have been a perfectly acceptable mid card feud, while the more talented section of the roster (Styles, Owens, Zayn, Nakamura, Cena, Rusev) competed at the top of the card. They've got everything completely reversed right now and it's not just hurting the WWE title feud, it's hurting the whole show.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Circled Square » Jul 12, '17, 3:55 pm

Hardbody Mahal has been fine, it's just that the WWE treated giving Mahal the WWE title as an experiment or an idea that wasn't thought out fully, and he's being forgotten like anyone else who's a victim of stop and start pushes. Problem is he's holding the most prestigious belt in the WWE, fuck that ketchup meme belt.

Honestly everyone on Smackdown should be a mid carder, really only Styles is a star. Had an opportunity with Nakamura but he's being booked like enhancement talent lmao.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Return to WWE