It is currently: May 08, '24, 7:43 am

Beast vs Destroyer

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Beast vs Destroyer

Postby KaiserGlider » Jun 04, '17, 10:01 pm

Samoa Joe is officially the #1 contender for the mythical championship of the universe, and so he's got his sights set on the beast at Great Balls of Fire.

As JR would say, this is gonna be physically intense. Pulling for Joe to bring the fight to Lesnar.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Beast vs Destroyer

Postby Circled Square » Jun 04, '17, 10:18 pm

joey samoey vs diverticulitis

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby Messiah » Jun 04, '17, 10:37 pm

Optimistic me: This is in a way a dream match-up. Should be fun!

Pessimistic me: It's a Lesnar match.

I really hope the "Lesnar suplexes 50 times and wins" phase is over. This could be a special match if so.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby Str8Shooter » Jun 05, '17, 7:15 am

Joe is the most disposable of the five in the #1 Contender match. They don't want Rollins, Finn, Reigns, or Bray getting destroyed right now so Joe's up.

I hope they let him get some good offense in but history would suggest that's not happening.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Jun 05, '17, 9:59 am

They didn't even do anything to get him really over at Extreme Rules or make him look really dominant. So I'm not all that optimistic about how he'll fare against Brock. They'll probably let him get some nice wins on Raw leading up to the show so he'll look a bit more dominant, but he's definitely losing to Lesnar and I'm not sure it's even going to be that competitive.

This is a match that could have been a dream match, but it wasn't time for it yet. Samoa Joe needs more momentum to turn this match into a true dream match. Right now it's too big a mismatch. If it were me, I would have had Reigns win this match to get his title shot against Lesnar over with. But if they're insistent on saving that match for Wrestlemania 34 (fucking why) then Rollins probably should have won.

Joe and Balor are the guys who I'd most like to see Lesnar wrestle, but they're both just beginning to be seen as top level guys and losing badly to Lesnar isn't what either of them need just yet.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE