It is currently: May 02, '24, 11:26 pm

Predict the Wrestlemania 34 card

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Predict the Wrestlemania 34 card

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 05, '17, 10:57 pm

Universal Title: John Cena(c) vs Roman Reigns
WWE Title: Kurt Angle(c) vs Brock Lesnar
Triple H vs Samoa Joe
Goldberg vs Braun Strowman
Jeff Hardy vs Matt Hardy
Women's title: Charlotte (c) vs Sasha vs Alexa Bliss vs Asuka
Bobby Roode vs Chris Jericho
Shane McMahon vs Shinsuke Nakamura

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Predict the Wrestlemania 34 card

Postby Messiah » Apr 06, '17, 6:19 am

Something about the visual of Nakamura Kinshasa'ing McMahon amuses me.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby Everlong » Apr 06, '17, 10:39 am

The fans may burn down the building if Roman gets four main events in a row at Mania.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby prophet » Apr 06, '17, 10:46 am

I legit reckon they'll go with Brock vs Roman as the main event.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 06, '17, 11:13 am

Everlong wrote:The fans may burn down the building if Roman gets four main events in a row at Mania.

There's been no indication they're slowing their role on the Roman push. I'd be shocked if he didn't main event next years Mania. It'll be either against Brock or Cena. I'd guess Cena because I think there's a good chance Roman vs Brock main events Summerslam this year.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby DBSoT » Apr 06, '17, 11:15 am

Universal Title: Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns
WWE Title: Randy Orton vs Shinsuke Nakamura
US Title: Kevin Owens (C) vs Sami Zayn - Both are now on SDL
IC Title: Samoa Joe (C) vs Jeff Hardy
Kurt Angle vs AJ Styles
Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose (Heel) - #1 contender for the WWE Title
Raw Women's title: Asuka vs Bayley
SDL Women's title: Charlotte vs Becky Lynch
Raw Tag Titles: The Revival vs the Club vs AOP
SDL Tag Titles: The New Day vs American Alpha vs the Usos vs DIY
CW title: Austin Aries vs Aleister Black vs Neville vs Tyler Bate
Cesaro vs Sheamus

This was really hard. I have 12 matches and still don't know what to do with Bray, Corbin, various tag teams, Rusev, HHH, etc

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Hanley! » Apr 06, '17, 11:52 am

The Wrestling Observer is saying that they've already decided their main event next year is Brock vs Reigns. Words can't describe how shit that would be. When you're revisiting a Wrestlemania match that's already happened, it should at least be a match that people gave a fuck about the first time.

Reigns vs Cena is actually a match I'd really like to see, though preferably in the semi-main rather than the main event. I want to see someone new mixing it up for the title in the main event. I'm not going to guess who that could be though, because I'll just be disappointed. Wrestlemania always gives us the most boring option.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 06, '17, 1:11 pm

WRESTLEMANIA XXXIV

Universal Championship: Roman Reigns (C) vs Brock Lesnar vs John Cena

WWE Championship: The Miz (C) vs Daniel Bryan

Seth Rollins vs AJ Styles (Ref: Kurt Angle)

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Finn Balor

Randy Orton vs Samoa Joe (No Holds Barred)

US Championship:
Kevin Owens (C) vs Sami Zayn (2 out of 3 falls)

IC Championship:
Chris Jericho (C) vs Dean Ambrose vs Bobby Roode

CW Championship:
Austin Aries (C) vs The Brian Kendrick

WWE Raw Women's Championship: Sasha Banks (C) vs Nikki Bella

WWE SD Women's Championship: Charlotte (C) vs Brie Bella

(The above two women's matches could be combined to make an interpromotional tag team match with both titles on the line.)

WWE Raw Tag Team Championships: The Hardy Boyz (C) vs Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows (TLC)

WWE SD Tag Team Championships: Bray Wyatt & Braun Strowman (C) vs Cesaro & Kassius Ohno

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 06, '17, 7:21 pm

I'm actually looking forward to Reigns vs Brock II, though it shouldn't be at Wrestlemania. Reigns is better both in-ring and character-wise than he was when they fought two years ago. Back then he was thrust into the main event without having a single memorable feud, whereas now he's beaten Triple H in the main event of Wrestlemania, ended Strowman's unbeaten streak, and retired The Undertaker all within the past year. It actually feels like Reigns has earned a match with Brock this time. He's the only person on the roster right now who has been booked strongly enough to beat Brock clean, which makes this feel way more like the clash of the unstoppable force vs immovable object than it was at WM 31. That excites me. I reckon they could have a really good match too, one that will be longer than the Goldberg vs Lesnar encounters because neither guy is going to get pinned quickly. Judging by Raw it looks like Brock is back to being a face now and Reigns is more hated than ever, so their match will have a ton of heat and crowd involvement in it too.

Meltzer is usually right and I have no doubt that the prospect of Reigns/Brock at Wrestlemania is something Vince would masturbate to, but I have a hard time seeing that match being held off for that long. That would mean Brock holds the belt for the entire year. Unless he drops it to somebody along the way and then regains it before Mania, but who? Or Brock loses to Reigns at Summerslam and they have a rematch at Wrestlemania 34, but then you have a replay of the Brock/Goldberg story and Reigns does a job at Wrestlemania, which I do not see happening. I don't see a part-timer being champion for a whole year either. So I think Reigns/Brock happens at Summerslam and we go somewhere different after that.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Postby Messiah » Apr 10, '17, 12:55 pm

I'm going to try and come up with a card later after the superstar shake-up. It will be more of a card I would love to see (while being reasonable) rather than predicting what they will do.

I will say, I don't see how they can do Brock/Reigns at WrestleMania 34. Like Kaiser said, the only way it will happen is if someone takes the title off Lesnar beforehand. Leaving Raw with a world champion who rarely appears for an entire year would be a terrible business decision. Ratings would suffer. I don't see them having Reigns take the title off Lesnar prior to the big show; in all likelihood, they would want to wait until WrestleMania for Reigns' "triumphant" victory over Brock. Strowman vs Lesnar is a match I definitely see happening, but would they really put the title on him?

My biggest problem with a Reigns/Brock title match and main event at WM34 is that, as much criticism as people try and throw at Reigns, Lesnar is a far more stale character. I have no interest in seeing him in the main event next year. Lesnar and Heyman are dull as fuck, they recite the same thing every time they appear on Raw, and Lesnar hasn't had an even slightly decent match since WrestleMania 31. That was 2 years ago and that was only because the whole "suplex suplex suplex" stuff was still new. It's just boring to watch.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Apr 14, '17, 9:15 am

Messiah wrote: Lesnar hasn't had an even slightly decent match since WrestleMania 31.

I thought the Goldberg match at Mania was great for what it was, but I get what you're saying.

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby Messiah » Apr 09, '18, 10:33 pm

Messiah wrote:My biggest problem with a Reigns/Brock title match and main event at WM34 is that, as much criticism as people try and throw at Reigns, Lesnar is a far more stale character. I have no interest in seeing him in the main event next year. Lesnar and Heyman are dull as fuck, they recite the same thing every time they appear on Raw, and Lesnar hasn't had an even slightly decent match since WrestleMania 31. That was 2 years ago and that was only because the whole "suplex suplex suplex" stuff was still new. It's just boring to watch.

When you go back to check out everyone's predictions, see how lowly you thought of Lesnar last year, and then realize he's still champion a whole year later :jimross

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Postby Everlong » Apr 10, '18, 12:38 pm

Everlong wrote:The fans may burn down the building if Roman gets four main events in a row at Mania.

Next year will make five! :tim :tim

Everlong Male
Living Legend
Living Legend

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 12, '18, 11:46 am

KaiserGlider wrote:I'm actually looking forward to Reigns vs Brock II, though it shouldn't be at Wrestlemania. Judging by Raw it looks like Brock is back to being a face now and Reigns is more hated than ever, so their match will have a ton of heat and crowd involvement in it too.

:(

KaiserGlider wrote:I have a hard time seeing that match being held off for that long. That would mean Brock holds the belt for the entire year. I don't see a part-timer being champion for a whole year either. So I think Reigns/Brock happens at Summerslam and we go somewhere different after that.

:facepalm

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author

Return to WWE