It is currently: Apr 16, '24, 10:03 am

Who should Kurt Angle face?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Who should Kurt Angle face?

Postby Messiah » Apr 04, '17, 3:09 pm

Kurt Angle will more than likely have at least one final match in the WWE. Either at SummerSlam, Survivor Series, or WrestleMania is what I would bank on. Who would you be most interested in seeing him feud with and face?

For me, I wouldn't care much to see him face anyone he's already competed against. So that eliminates guys like Joe and Styles. I could see Owens/Angle not only being a phenomenal match but an excellent feud. That is probably my most desired opponent for him.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Who should Kurt Angle face?

Postby Hanley! » Apr 04, '17, 3:38 pm

I'm sure if he gets a match it's likely to be against someone like Lesnar or Triple H. Someone he fought already years ago. Though that's not the sort of match I'd like to see.

I wouldn't mind seeing him against someone like Styles, just so we could see that match on a larger stage. Plus, it'd be a great match. That being said, seeing Angle against someone entirely new would be even better - Kevin Owens would be a good pairing for him. Sami Zayn or Seth Rollins or Finn Balor would be good too.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 05, '17, 8:38 am

In a fantasy world: Daniel Bryan. This is obviously a dream match for almost every wrestling fan. At least we'll be able to see these two legends in the ring together next week on Raw. I'm going to SmackDown next week, so hopefully I can witness them interact live.

In reality who it should be: Finn Balor, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins. I don't believe that any of these guys have ever faced Angle. All of these dudes would put on a clinic with Kurt, so it wouldn't matter who won or lost. The fans win either way.

In reality who it would likely be: Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns. Both would likely be booked to beat Angle in matches that would be far less impressive or interesting than matches with the above five wrestlers.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 05, '17, 9:36 am

Kevin Owens could break Angle in half with that powerbomb on the ring apron but him or Rollins would be my choices but as noted above, it'll probably be an established star like Reigns or nostalgia match with Lesnar.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Circled Square » Apr 05, '17, 10:17 am

Really think it should be a nostalgia match, no need for Kurt to have a 45 minute this is awesome match with an indie guy at his age. Have a /comfy/ feud with Lesnar that leads to a 15-20 minute match at a big 4 PPV.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby prophet » Apr 05, '17, 12:45 pm

AJ Styles.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby The Legend » Apr 05, '17, 12:59 pm

Styles would be my choice. Angle can probably still go a little, but surely has lost a step. Styles just proved he can carry a guy that needs carrying. I don't think Owens does as good of a job with that.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby PorkChop » Apr 05, '17, 1:20 pm

I fear that if Angle vs Lesnar gets booked, we may actually watch Kurt die.

It should be Styles or Rollins. If it's someone like Triple H, it should be considered a crime.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 05, '17, 6:00 pm

The reason why I didn't list Styles is because we've seen that before. Even though Angle might put on a better match with Styles, I'd prefer to see a match that has never happened like against Owens or Rollins. Nakamura and Balor would be dream matches against Angle, and they could easily put on as good of a match against Kurt as AJ would.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby The Legend » Apr 05, '17, 6:15 pm

VaderBomb wrote:The reason why I didn't list Styles is because we've seen that before. Even though Angle might put on a better match with Styles, I'd prefer to see a match that has never happened like against Owens or Rollins. Nakamura and Balor would be dream matches against Angle, and they could easily put on as good of a match against Kurt as AJ would.

Not everyone has seen AJ face Angle.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby VaderBomb » Apr 06, '17, 2:05 am

The Legend wrote:
VaderBomb wrote:The reason why I didn't list Styles is because we've seen that before. Even though Angle might put on a better match with Styles, I'd prefer to see a match that has never happened like against Owens or Rollins. Nakamura and Balor would be dream matches against Angle, and they could easily put on as good of a match against Kurt as AJ would.

Not everyone has seen AJ face Angle.

Sure, but the matches exist and can be watched with relative ease. I'd prefer to see something new that we haven't seen if we only get one more match. If Kurt was willing to work more than one match, sure Styles would be on my wish list.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Return to WWE