It is currently: May 09, '24, 12:34 am

Goldberg v Lesnar

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Goldberg v Lesnar

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 02, '17, 9:07 pm

A match that was - without timing it - around 10mins and saw Lesnar deliver three suplexes, get two spears (latter spear was through the barricade), take a spear and Jackhammer, kick out and escape a spear to give off 10 Suplexes before an F5 for the three count.

Perfectly booked and showcased what it needed to.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Goldberg v Lesnar

Postby Everlong » Apr 02, '17, 10:18 pm

It was about as good as it possibly could have been. Great energy throughout, played to their strengths, and the fans were hot. I wish this would have been the main event instead of Taker/Reigns, but I guess I can understand why they'd put Taker in the main event if it was truly his last match.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 02, '17, 10:51 pm

Yeah it was exactly what it needed to be, short, sweet, and played to both guys strengths. The crowd was pretty hot, both guys came out firing and went for their best stuff right away. Brock walks away the winner decisively and it certainly felt like Goldberg was done.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby KaiserGlider » Apr 05, '17, 8:53 pm

The start when Lesnar came out with the 3 germans and Goldberg just popped up and flatted him with a spear with such an awesome way to start the match. The camera angle on that was perfect too, really the whole match was booked very well.

I did really wish the match went on just a little longer, but what they did do was pretty much spot-on. The only complaint I have is that Lesnar took five finishers but Goldberg lost after only one F5, which didn't seem fair, but Lesnar was the one of the defensive so I guess it worked for the story of the match.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Apr 06, '17, 11:30 am

Part of me wishes they had managed to get another 3 minutes in there to add a little more drama. But I can't complain too much about this one. It was awesome. Great, hard-hitting stuff that paid off the feud nicely and acted as a complete change of pace from the rest of the card. I was never too hot on this as one of the main selling points for Wrestlemania, but I'm glad they finished on a positive note and that Goldberg is getting such a great send-off.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Apr 07, '17, 4:38 am

Yeah, I'll say that the match was better than I fully expected.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to WWE