It is currently: Mar 29, '24, 3:29 am

The Miz kills it again on SmackDown and Talking Smack

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

The Miz kills it again on SmackDown and Talking Smack

Postby Messiah » Mar 08, '17, 10:45 am

This dude is amazing. Whether Cena should be doing something else or not, The Miz is absolutely selling this match on me.

Last edited by Messiah on Mar 08, '17, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: The Miz just KILLED it on SmackDown and Talking Smack

Postby Messiah » Mar 08, '17, 10:54 am

I suggest watching the full promo on Talking Smack on WWE Network and his promo on SmackDown.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author

Re: The Miz kills it again on SmackDown and Talking Smack

Postby GameDesigner14 » Mar 08, '17, 2:04 pm

Sounds like jealously on the Miz's part. And when he say's Cena's ego is over inflated...well Miz has an even bigger ego that gets bruised so easily.

GameDesigner14 Female
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 28

Postby The Legend » Mar 08, '17, 2:43 pm

I want to be clear about this. I think Miz is awesome. I think Miz and Cena is a great idea for a feud that could be very entertaining and interesting. What I hate about this feud is the needless inclusion of the talentless Maryse and the only marginally more useful Nikki Bella into a silly mixed tag match. I hate even more it's just a careless way for them to have something to talk about on Total Divas involving Mania next season.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Messiah » Mar 08, '17, 2:50 pm

The Legend wrote:I want to be clear about this. I think Miz is awesome. I think Miz and Cena is a great idea for a feud that could be very entertaining and interesting. What I hate about this feud is the needless inclusion of the talentless Maryse and the only marginally more useful Nikki Bella into a silly mixed tag match. I hate even more it's just a careless way for them to have something to talk about on Total Divas involving Mania next season.

Nikki Bella is a good wrestler. Maryse isn't bad either, although obviously it has been like years since she wrestled. But I always thought she portrayed her character well.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Hanley! » Mar 08, '17, 4:27 pm

In terms of charisma, Maryse is one of the best women they have. I've been loving her in her role as Miz's valet/manager/wife. Even during her first run, I always thought she showed great personality in the ring too, even if she wasn't one of the better workers at the time. That said, she wasn't one of the worst either.

Nikki has become pretty decent (though still not great) in the ring, so she'll be able to hold up her end of the bargain in the Wrestlemania match. I think she drags all of her feuds down as a babyface though, because she just doesn't come off as likable or authentic.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 08, '17, 5:35 pm

Miz was amazing as usual, he thrives in situations like this. The potentially bigger news is Daniel Bryan in mid argument with Miz after Miz taunted him about how he can't wrestle anymore, which he answered. "can't wrestle anymore or not allowed to wrestle, we'll see in a year and a half". :o

I think Daniel Bryan is a complete bonehead to wrestle on the indies again. The guy's head is messed up and he has a child on the way and a wife. If he stays cool with WWE he can make money for years with them given how beloved he is.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 08, '17, 10:43 pm

Just watched the whole thing on Talking Smack. Miz really knocked it out of the park and made the most of a non-scripted opportunity to respond to Cena's speech last week. Maryse's brief interjection was very good too, saying that John and Nikki are plastic and are only together to "promote their brand". So I agree with Hanley that Maryse is often overlooked and has been very effective in this role. It also comes off as wonderfully hypocritical in kayfabe too, because Miz is basically the chickenshit heel version of John Cena.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby The Legend » Mar 09, '17, 6:03 am

Maryse has a fantastic strange charisma that makes her a great manager or could if WWE emphasized managers in the way they used to. Nikki for one thing was a lot better before her neck injury, she's lost a step that she can't afford to lose since that injury (and apparently she knows it as this is rumored to be her retirement match). Plus, as was mentioned by Steve, she's impossible to like as a face which just takes away from the feud anything she could possibly add to it on wrestling ability.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby prophet » Mar 14, '17, 5:43 pm

Brilliant as Miz and Maryse are I can't see myself getting interested in this one. I agree with Steve that there's something inauthentic about Nikki Bella and so long as her and Cena are pushing the reality show I can't see this feud being anything other than content for Total Nikki. Surely nobody believes the heels have a chance of winning?

"I wish you'd died in the womb" - Nikki 'Babyface' Bella

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to WWE