It is currently: May 16, '24, 10:57 pm

Finish of the Women's title match

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Finish of the Women's title match

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 05, '17, 11:40 pm

was balls. Charlotte's PPV undefeated streak in singles matches ends in very anticlimactic fashion. But hopefully this sets up better things to come in the future, as we don't have to deal with that steak anymore and a Baylay/Sasha/Charlotte triple threat should be good.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Finish of the Women's title match

Postby The Legend » Mar 06, '17, 5:54 am

Yeah, it does a decent job of setting up the triple threat. I would have preferred Bayley to win cleanly and then Sasha to attack her for doing what Sasha couldn't and set up that match for Mania, but I guess the triple threat is good for including Charlotte. I just feel like she's done all she can.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 06, '17, 8:47 am

On one hand I'm happy they didn't switch the title again back to Charlotte. On the other hand what a shitty finish. Sasha interferes for no apparent reason, Bayley doesn't get DQ'd for some reason, Charlotte loses and looks sympathetic in anticlimactic fashion ending her streak.

I know they're building to Bayley getting sick of Sasha interfering and Sasha turning on her, but the execution not that great. Almost looks like they're turning them both heel in the process.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Messiah » Mar 06, '17, 10:09 am

It was weird that they ended Charlotte's streak in the manner that they did but I like where they are headed with the story. It's obvious what is going to happen but they are playing it up well. Banks is doing all she can to keep the title on Bayley so she can challenge her for the title instead of Charlotte, meanwhile Bayley is under the idea that Banks is doing it just because they are "friends".

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Hanley! » Mar 07, '17, 1:11 pm

Another horrible finish.

And that's even if you ignore the referee failing to call for the bell when it was a clear DQ.

How did they just give Charlotte's pay per view win streak away like that? How many times did it feel like it was Charlotte's time to lose but they gave her the win anyway just to keep that streak going? How many times did they completely pull the rug out from under Sasha Banks's push just to keep that streak going?

But the bright side was that it set up an awesome moment - Bayley winning the title from Charlotte at Wrestlemania and finally ending that pay per view winning streak at the biggest show of the year.

Then Bayley won the title on Raw, way ahead of schedule, for no logical reason. And after that Charlotte lost her winning streak on fucking Fastlane. In a nothing match, on a nothing show. Even worse, she's the heel and she was screwed out of her streak by the good guys. They built this thing up for almost a year and when the paid it off, it meant nothing. They didn't even try to make it meaningful.

This was fucking abysmal booking. It couldn't have been worse.

Also, though Raw this week kinda suggested otherwise, the rumoured match for Wrestlemania isn't a triple threat. It's a fatal fourway featuring Nia Jax. So yeah. There's that to look forward to, I guess. That's really a match that's going to sell people on the women's revolution. How this is better than the earlier ideas of Charlotte vs Bayley or Sasha vs Bayley, I have no idea.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE