It is currently: May 11, '24, 10:54 pm

Who will have the most success on the main roster?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Bobby Roode
44%
Samoa Joe
44%
Shinsuke Nakamura
11%

Total votes : 9

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 03, '17, 10:25 pm

Maybe this isn't fair since Joe already had a big debut on Raw, but I see no reason to think Nakamura and the current NXT Champ Bobby Roode won't also move on to big things given how popular and successful they've been in NXT. Answer poll/discuss.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 472

Re: Who will have the most success on the main roster?

Postby Messiah » Mar 04, '17, 1:19 am

If Bobby Roode was 5 years younger, the answer would easily be him. He looks like the prototypical guy Vince would want as his champion. It's a shame he didn't sign sooner.

Now, at 40 years old, I don't know. Obviously he'll accomplish some things in the WWE but probably not as much as he would have otherwise. I'll say Nakamura. I think they will want to do all they can to make him as big as possible on the main roster.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby PorkChop » Mar 04, '17, 3:35 am

I went for Bobby Roode as well. I wish he'd signed back in 2010 though.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby The Legend » Mar 04, '17, 6:27 am

I actually think it will be Roode out of those three options. As old and possibly past his prime Roode is, Joe is 10x more than him past it. And Nakamura as naturally charismatic as he may be, the language barrier will always be a difficult road block to him getting as over and having as many possible storylines as a guy like Roode can.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Mar 04, '17, 6:46 am

It's got to be Samoa Joe.

They're all charismatic guys. They're all great in ring talents. But Nakamura doesn't have the same promo abilities for obvious reasons, and that will likely hinder his progress. There are few guys who get over on a real main event level in WWE these days without having decent promos. If you can't be part of a 20 minute talking segment at the start of the show, you can't be a WWE main eventer anymore. Sad but true. That's just how they book.

So that leaves Roode and Samoa Joe. Roode has a more typical WWE look and wrestles a more typical WWE style, so they might be more inclined to give him a strong push. But weirdly, I think that's exactly why his ceiling isn't as high as Samoa Joe's. He's not different enough from everybody else.

WWE might try to give Roode the stronger push, but Joe's look and his intensity set him so far apart from everybody else that he's going to get over no matter what. If they give him anything to work with, he'll knock it out of the park, and the more that happens, the more the company will give him.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 04, '17, 11:50 am

I went with Joe, his run since debuting on Raw has been pretty damn excellent. He looks like a legit badass tough guy who can destroy people. And his promos have been on point, to the point, and sound like they are actually something he would say. He seems to already have the trust of management, as they've kept him strong and he's been getting lots of promo time thus far too. I think he's more of a Triple H guy than Roode is.

I'm not even 100% sure Roode will even make it to the main roster. Not that he couldn't cut it, just that I feel like they've invested a lot less in him than Joe or Nakamura. He's solid all around but I don't think there is much that stands out about him outside of his entrance.

Nakamura has an uphill battle like Steve said because of the language issue. As good as he may learn english, he'll likely never be a guy who is cutting a long monologue in the ring like they like to do. That fact has to be deftly booked around and I'm not sure they know how, or want to work that hard at it.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby ShaneOfan » Mar 04, '17, 6:57 pm

Roode. May be 40 be he is in great shape and charisma pours out of every pore on his body. He simply has IT. The other two are great but I don't see them having nearly Roode's level of success.

Nak is great but no non-english speaker has ever been able to connect to the mass crowd. I get Nak can sort of fake his way through a shit promo on NXT, but it will not be good enough for the mass audiance of the main roster.

Joe. Guy is a great wrestler and above average with the stick, he will have a better career then Nak, but not by much.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Return to WWE