It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 4:51 am

Donald Trump meets the McMahons!

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Donald Trump meets the McMahons!

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 15, '17, 8:23 am

There's clearly a close relationship between Vince and Trump that goes back to the WM match and now with Linda's role in his administration, that will only get stronger I'd imagine.

I feel a tad uncomfortable that as a company that espouses values of diversity, openness etc, would publicly promote a relationship with the most divisive President? HHH-Steph were at the inauguration and maybe I'm over-thinking things and it's a case of them supporting their wife, mother, mother-in-law but maybe to do in a more reserved way.

IDK how anyone else feels about it..

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Donald Trump meets the McMahons!

Postby Hanley! » Feb 15, '17, 12:23 pm

I'm actually pretty happy that they've kept it entirely off television. I wasn't sure they'd be as tactful as that, but Trump's presidency is so unpopular, particularly in the media, that they've wisely steered clear of supporting him on television. Posting pictures on their Twitters and stuff like that doesn't really bother me. I mean, Linda is in his cabinet now. There's no point in pretending she's not. Just don't alienate viewers by openly showing support for Trump on television.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Feb 15, '17, 1:28 pm

I don't care about the WWE perception side of the story at all. I mean WWE's actions on inclusiveness pretty much speak to the words the company speaks to stand behind better than that does anyhow.

However, the fact that Donald Trump selected as the his head of small business a woman whose husband has spent decades putting small businesses out of business for his own selfish interests is a much bigger problem.

If Betsy DeVos and Steve Bannon weren't such colossal fuck ups then Linda McMahon would have easily been the worst cabinet selection this country has ever seen.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby DBSoT » Feb 15, '17, 2:22 pm

The Legend wrote:I don't care about the WWE perception side of the story at all. I mean WWE's actions on inclusiveness pretty much speak to the words the company speaks to stand behind better than that does anyhow.

However, the fact that Donald Trump selected as the his head of small business a woman whose husband has spent decades putting small businesses out of business for his own selfish interests is a much bigger problem.

If Betsy DeVos and Steve Bannon weren't such colossal fuck ups then Linda McMahon would have easily been the worst cabinet selection this country has ever seen.
Really? I wouldn't even put McMahon in the top 5 of worst cabinet members. She got voted in by a margin of 81-19, so even a majority of democrats voted for her. Don't get me wrong, I don't think she is a good choice. However, she isn't even in the ballpark of DeVos, Pence, Tillerson, Mnuchin, Sessions, Carson or Pruitt. Even though he isn't a cabinet member, Bannon is by far the worst.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Hanley! » Feb 15, '17, 2:27 pm

Yeah, when I heard about McMahon being on his cabinet I thought it was ridiculous, and then I saw everyone else on his cabinet and realised she was probably the best of the lot

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 15, '17, 8:34 pm

The cerebral assassin has now infiltrated the White House, all part of his master plan.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to WWE