It is currently: Apr 26, '24, 3:13 pm

Rollins re-injures knee, could be serious

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Rollins re-injures knee, could be serious

Postby Messiah » Feb 01, '17, 11:19 am

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/2 ... oa-joe-raw

He is in Birmingham, Alabama being tested by Dr. Andrews right now. If this is serious, that would really suck. It would make Joe-Rollins a hot story upon his return, but I can only imagine how much two ACL tears would destroy someone's confidence.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Rollins re-injures knee, could be serious

Postby Hanley! » Feb 01, '17, 11:41 am

It looks like it could be a story injury. Fingers crossed. If he was to miss another Wrestlemania, it'd be devastating for him. It might shatter his confidence. He's been so badly mishandled since his latest return also, and a feud with Samoa Joe and a win over Triple H could have finally got him back where he needed to be as a top babyface. It would suck to see all that derailed now.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 01, '17, 12:32 pm

Awful news for him and it's quite common in sports stars who have big injuries to their knees for example, for it to re-occur later on. He could be incredibly unfortunate in that it's happened or there might be underlying issues in terms of his recovery, namely that he may have come back too soon. But we'll have to wait and see.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 01, '17, 12:53 pm

I know Meltzer and others are saying it could be real, but the quickness in which Samoa Joe has taunted him online and WWE.com has gotten onto this story makes it feel like it was planned.

If it's real and it's serious that's a huge blow to Rollins, just awful. It's also a huge blow to Raw, although I suppose in theory Finn Balor will return soon and could fill that babyface role.

I wonder who Triple H faces at Mania if he can't go? Finn seems a likely choice, if they wanted to go just for name value there's always Triple H vs Shane, contain the McMadness to one match.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Feb 01, '17, 1:02 pm

If it is an angle, then surely it's an angle that they didn't think of until after Raw went off the air - otherwise they would have had Samoa Joe target the knee in some way. That doesn't mean it's not an angle though; they could have just thought of somewhere new to go with the angle at the last minute. Still, it's enough to make me nervous.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby The Legend » Feb 01, '17, 1:50 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:I wonder who Triple H faces at Mania if he can't go? Finn seems a likely choice, if they wanted to go just for name value there's always Triple H vs Shane, contain the McMadness to one match.

I'm not as opposed to HHH wrestling at Mania as a lot of people are. If the story makes sense then I think he can add something to the show. The Rollins story was perfect and meant something for HHH at Mania. There's nothing else like it for him and I'm not exactly falling all over myself to find some rushed replacement for HHH, he's not that important.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby DBSoT » Feb 01, '17, 2:07 pm

After watching the video from Raw and reading the tea leaves, I would say it is a legit injury. It is just a matter of how long he will be out. Rollins has 2 months to heal up and be ready for Mania. We will have to see. The only real replacement for Rollins would be Balor or Zayn. Balor could play up the fact that HHH chose his 2 biggest rivals in NXT (Joe/Owens) over him. Zayn has issues with Stephanie and is another person the HHH pushed to the side for Joe/Owens. It isn't as good of a story as the Rollins one, but it is a replacement.

Personally, I would have HHH bring up Bobby Roode as well. Then have a tag match at Mania between Joe/Roode and Balor/Nakamura.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Kreashko » Feb 01, '17, 4:39 pm

Damn it! I really hope it isn't serious. Rollins needs this match!!!

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Postby Messiah » Feb 02, '17, 6:56 pm

Rollins tore his MCL and will be out for about 8 weeks.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/2 ... ight-weeks

So there is still a chance he could work WrestleMania but the WWE will somehow need to work it in a way where they can have both options available (one if he doesn't, one if he does).

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Postby DBSoT » Feb 02, '17, 9:43 pm

If you take the current predicted matches for Mania, which one looks like a good match?

Goldberg/Lesnar - The spectacle might be fine, but the match will be trash.
Reigns/Taker - Taker could barely move in a limited Rumble appearance.
Rollins/HHH - Possibly not happening
Bray/Orton - Were there past matches memorable?
Big Show/Shaq - Not enough face palms
AJ Styles/Shane - Shane pulls down Styles
Zayn/Strowman - Strowman pulls down Zayn
Cena-Nikki/Miz-Maryse - I just.....I mean....come on now!
Owens/Jericho - Hey we got one!
Ambrose/Corbin - Might be OK with a gimmick.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 02, '17, 10:23 pm

If he's only out for 8 weeks and will likely miss Mania. They should just hold off on the match until Extreme Rules in April. Rollins will be healed up, and it gives you a big, Mania quality match for a PPV that can be a bit of an afterthought.

I doubt Rollins will want to miss another Mania though if he's anywhere close too 100%. And we know Triple H gets up for Mania, he won't want to miss it altogether either.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 03, '17, 7:16 am

It probably makes better storyline sense if they let Rollins recover 100% rather than trying to rush him back for their premiere event, which possibly that theme (rushing back) may have caused a re-injury to his knee.

Rollins can return to target HHH not only because of the Authority business but because through Joe, he was put on the shelf on the orders of HHH. He'll have a program with Joe and maybe other HHH backed wrestlers to finally get to the King. How long this all plays out to is unclear but surely can't be dragging on until next year?!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby The Legend » Feb 04, '17, 1:51 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:It probably makes better storyline sense if they let Rollins recover 100% rather than trying to rush him back for their premiere event, which possibly that theme (rushing back) may have caused a re-injury to his knee.

Rollins can return to target HHH not only because of the Authority business but because through Joe, he was put on the shelf on the orders of HHH. He'll have a program with Joe and maybe other HHH backed wrestlers to finally get to the King. How long this all plays out to is unclear but surely can't be dragging on until next year?!

This has already been a pretty lengthy story. If they were going this route, and it's not a bad one, I'd be shocked if it went past SummerSlam being the HHH vs Rollins showdown.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Return to WWE