It is currently: Apr 19, '24, 1:23 pm

Major spoiler regarding WrestleMania

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Major spoiler regarding WrestleMania

Postby Messiah » Jan 15, '17, 3:04 pm

As of now, it is being reported Undertaker vs John Cena is officially off the table. It was speculated for awhile with a change in creative a month or so ago, but it seems to be legitimately out of the question. Strowman is out of it as well and it appears Undertaker will be facing off against someone with a more long-term purpose.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/1 ... igns-balor

Ever since he showed up on SmackDown, fans have been openly fantasy booking one of the biggest WrestleMania matches we’ve never seen - John Cena vs. Undertaker. But while the Dead Man was speaking on the Jan. 9 episode of Raw, the cameras panned to Braun Strowman watching his announcement, and speculation shifted to a showdown between those monsters... a match rumored for last year, but now with the benefit of a really good build for Strowman.

According to this week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required but recommended), both those options are off the table. Dave Meltzer followed up on that by saying Vince McMahon’s decision to not do Cena/Taker is evidence of a long-term vision - but not one built around doing that match in New Orleans next year, either:

Kind of makes you wonder what to expect. It makes Styles/Cena as the main event a near certainty; I couldn't imagine another route they would want to go on SmackDown that would be fitting at WrestleMania. Meltzer says it will be a Raw superstar who Undertaker faces, but Owens and Reigns are the only two legitimate options other than Balor being cleared to wrestle.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Major spoiler regarding WrestleMania

Postby Hanley! » Jan 15, '17, 3:59 pm

If Balor is available, then Balor vs Undertaker would be a great direction for him. It'd be a good way to put a younger talent on the map and help establish the closest thing possible to the next Undertaker. They're also just a pretty natural pairing.

Not sure where it leaves everyone else though. Styles/Cena for Wrestlemania was a great option, but now that they're doing it at the Royal Rumble it feels like that should be the end of it. So who does that leave for Styles? Or Cena for that matter? If they wanted to they could do a cross brand match between Cena and Reigns, but it's a long shot. I'm liking that things are so up in the air right now. We probably won't get the best possible version of events, but at least we can be optimistic.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 13, '17, 10:12 am

So is Cena-Taker now ON after EC PPV? I'd thought with the Reigns-Undertaker moments at the Rumble and the former's pointed use of "my yard" on RAW suggested a WM match might be in the pipeline..

Odd that two guys like Styles/Cena are in limbo for the biggest show of the year.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Feb 13, '17, 12:51 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:So is Cena-Taker now ON after EC PPV? I'd thought with the Reigns-Undertaker moments at the Rumble and the former's pointed use of "my yard" on RAW suggested a WM match might be in the pipeline..

Odd that two guys like Styles/Cena are in limbo for the biggest show of the year.

No, its still gonna be Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns and its gonna be Nikki/Cena vs Maryse/Miz

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 13, '17, 8:36 pm

CMPUNKFAN wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:So is Cena-Taker now ON after EC PPV? I'd thought with the Reigns-Undertaker moments at the Rumble and the former's pointed use of "my yard" on RAW suggested a WM match might be in the pipeline..

No, its still gonna be Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns and its gonna be Nikki/Cena vs Maryse/Miz

Jesus Christ :facepalm

It was so easy to have a great Wrestlemania card this year. How did we end up with this?

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Return to WWE