It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 4:52 pm

John Cena v Roman Reigns

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

John Cena v Roman Reigns

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 31, '16, 11:14 am

https://twitter.com/i/moments/815218014652088320

Seems to have started out of nothing but a pretty neat comeback by Reigns to Cena I thought.

Anything in this leading to WrestleMania or just bit of back and forth banter?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: John Cena v Roman Reigns

Postby Hanley! » Dec 31, '16, 11:39 am

I'd love to believe that it's building up to a Reigns/Cena inter-brand match at Wrestlemania. It'd be a good match and a nice draw for the show, plus it'd free up Styles to still work a championship match, probably against the Undertaker. Which is the best match Undertaker could have realistically.

I reckon this is legit though. This seems like the kind of lack of professionalism that would rub Cena the wrong way. Especially as someone who's been the face of the company for the last decade, looking at the supposed future face of the company.

Reigns's comeback works because it hits close to home for Cena. He's a part-timer who's not around much anymore. He's desperate to prove that he's still one of the guys and still works harder for the company than anyone else, but it's just not true at this point and he knows it. However, it's a cheap shot by Reigns and he only used it because he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Cena called Reigns out for being an unprofessional asshole, and he's 100% right. If Reigns is really supposed to take Cena's spot, then he should be better than that.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby KaiserGlider » Dec 31, '16, 1:50 pm

I guess there wouldn't be anything better for Reigns to do, though this match won't feel anywhere as big as it would have a year or two ago.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby The Legend » Jan 01, '17, 7:00 am

KaiserGlider wrote:I guess there wouldn't be anything better for Reigns to do, though this match won't feel anywhere as big as it would have a year or two ago.

Reigns should be losing to Strowman or Corbin this year.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Jan 01, '17, 12:01 pm

The Legend wrote:Reigns should be losing to Strowman or Corbin this year.

Seriously? I'm not the biggest fan of what they've been doing with Reigns, but I think he's better than both of those matches right now and certainly shouldn't be losing either of them. What's your reasoning behind this? Do you dislike Roman, or do you just think he's best used putting one of those two guys on the map at Wrestlemania this year?

For me, it's far too early to give Corbin a match of that importance at Wrestlemania - he's still not that great, and he's not over enough. It's a little early for Strowman too, although Strowman is starting to get over as a character at the moment. He's probably still better suited to some sort of Battle Royal or tag match for Wrestlemania 33, but he's getting there.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby The Legend » Jan 01, '17, 1:02 pm

Hanley! wrote:
The Legend wrote:Reigns should be losing to Strowman or Corbin this year.

Seriously? I'm not the biggest fan of what they've been doing with Reigns, but I think he's better than both of those matches right now and certainly shouldn't be losing either of them. What's your reasoning behind this? Do you dislike Roman, or do you just think he's best used putting one of those two guys on the map at Wrestlemania this year?

For me, it's far too early to give Corbin a match of that importance at Wrestlemania - he's still not that great, and he's not over enough. It's a little early for Strowman too, although Strowman is starting to get over as a character at the moment. He's probably still better suited to some sort of Battle Royal or tag match for Wrestlemania 33, but he's getting there.

@Hanley! My logic is simple, Roman's been US champ forever and right now pairing Roman and the US title together is holding both of them back. A strong story where a new powerhouse comes along and takes the belt off of Roman at Mania will help the belt and would also free Roman up to be and do something other than generic midcard face champion stories in the spring and summer.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Jan 01, '17, 2:39 pm

I agree that Reigns is doing nothing for the US title (and visa versa), but I'd probably just take it off him on Raw over the next few weeks.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Return to WWE