It is currently: Apr 27, '24, 3:13 pm

Charlotte is the best, or 2nd best, heel in the company right now

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Charlotte is the best, or 2nd best, heel in the company right now

Postby Messiah » Nov 21, '16, 7:05 am

The only person I could think of that I would put over her as a heel is The Miz. Miz probably gets the edge because of his ability to talk on the microphone, but Charlotte isn't that far behind for me.

WWE does a lot of things wrong with the women, but their booking of Charlotte as a character has been exceptional in my opinion. She's dominant in the ring and knows it too. She doesn't need to cheat to win, which is why she has so many clean victories under her belt, but she does it anyway. The way she carries herself is phenomenal - if you never watched the WWE beforehand, you would know immediately she isn't who you are supposed to be rooting for. It was nice to see her attacking Bayley after the match because she "stole her moment".

This is the kind of champion I wish Kevin Owens was. He comes across as more of a coward than anything, which doesn't suit K.O.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: Charlotte is the best, or 2nd best, heel in the company right now

Postby The Legend » Nov 21, '16, 7:07 am

I agree with the character at large, but I hate listening to her talk. Charlotte's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Nov 21, '16, 8:15 am

I agree that she's a great heel. One of the best they have. I think she's come on a long way as a talker, but her real strengths are her wrestling and how she carries herself generally. She looks like a star at all times, and also incredibly unlikable. She's doing her job to a tee.

That said, I don't always agree with her booking. Sasha should be champion right now. Charlotte has been doing a better job than Sasha lately, but there comes a time when the heel is supposed to get their comeuppance and get a little egg on their face, and that time has passed for Charlotte. They're killing the momentum of the Raw women's division just to let her keep her pay per view record. It's ass backwards.

Also, I do think there are a few other heels in Charlotte's league. These are the genuinely great heels in the company at the moment in my opinion: Charlotte, Miz & Maryse, Rusev, Samoa Joe and the Revival. I'll take heat for this, but I think there's an argument to be made for Sheamus too.

I love Styles and Owens, and Jericho has been weirdly good lately. But while their performances have been great, their booking and the weird modern wrestling atmosphere that WWE has created makes them ineffective as heels.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Headlesspete » Dec 04, '16, 6:01 pm

Agreed. She's tailor made to be the heel, and she pulls it off so well.

What i really enjoy is how she reacts in the ring to the fans. She's constantly insulting them, taunting, doing all she can to get a reaction, and its why she gets so much heat. Her constant look of crying and getting upset when she can't win is great, and overall she just sells the moment so well. Her and Miz are on fire.

I do agree she needs to drop out the title picture soon however. She's had a great run, but its time to step back and feud with Bayley for a while while Sasha and Nia go at it.

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 61

Postby KaiserGlider » Dec 06, '16, 12:46 am

Just watched her segment with Ric on Raw. I agree.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Headlesspete » Dec 07, '16, 12:46 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:Just watched her segment with Ric on Raw. I agree.

I feel really stupid....am i the only one who didn't see the slap coming? .. :lol

Headlesspete None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 61

Return to WWE