It is currently: May 09, '24, 3:04 am

What do you want to see next from Brock Lesnar?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

What do you want to see next from Brock Lesnar?

Postby Hanley! » Sep 28, '16, 5:17 pm

Interested to hear people's thoughts on this at the moment. It feels like the attitudes towards Lesnar have been shifting in recent months, particularly after Ambrose's comments on their Wrestlemania match. Are people still interested in Lesnar? Anything in particular you want to see from him soon?

Lesnar has been divisive lately. He's still arguably WWE's biggest star, so a lot of people are understandably excited to see him when he shows up. But others grow bored of his lazy suplex city matches, and his inability to put other people over.

Personally, I like Lesnar. He's very talented. But his act has gotten really stale. I thought the way they booked that match against Orton was embarrassing. And there are a lot of potential matches for him at the moment that I really don't care about.

I'm sure WWE are clamouring to make Lesnar vs the Rock for Wrestlemania again. Fuck that match. I couldn't give less of a shit about the prospect of seeing those guys fight. That sounds horrendously dull. And if Lesnar is to finally lose, that would be a massive waste of an opportunity to put an active performer over.

At this point, Lesnar is established as the unstoppable monster. He doesn't need to establish any more dominance. So the next thing I want to see from him is for him to lose to a smaller underdog babyface. Wrestling as it should be. I want to see a Lesnar vs Sami Zayn feud, that eventually culminates with Zayn beating Lesnar clean in the middle.

Zayn is the perfect guy for that spot. He's the most unanimously liked guy on Raw. He's an up and comer. He plays the underdog role really well. And he and Brock could have a great match.

Watching Brock wrestling part-timers and annihilating current era guys isn't good enough anymore. If he's not going to play Goliath and do a job for David soon, then I'm kinda done caring about him.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 165

Re: What do you want to see next from Brock Lesnar?

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 28, '16, 5:38 pm

First thing first, now that his MMA career is likely over, I'd like to see him actually have a chance to wrestle like a wrestler again. I get that the fans were into the "suplex city" thing for a while, and it was fun to count along with him. But like all things, it's gotten old and I would like to see some more competitive matches. And if Brock is willing, maybe break out some actual new/old moves now and then. I believe Brock is still a pretty good pro wrestler if he wants to be.

As for opponents. They seem very unwilling to mix him in with anybody who isn't a big star or someone they want to be a big star. Except for the odd match with Kofi on the Network or whatever. I'd love to see the last while of his run against some new opponents, throw him in with a Cesaro, or Sami, or Owens, or even a Joe or Nakamura if they get called up. Let's see something fresh.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Sep 28, '16, 5:49 pm

Samoa Joe seems to be a popular option lately - I've heard a lot of people talking about Joe and Lesnar as a possible future match. That would be pretty cool. I prefer Lesnar fighting off against an underdog though.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Sep 28, '16, 5:53 pm

Cesaro is the only guy I really want to see him against at the moment. They did a decent enough job of building Cesaro up as a guy that won't back down and can't be bullied with the Sheamus feud. At some point we'll see that feud come to an end around TLC. At Rumble they can do a Lesnar/Cesaro interaction to plant the seeds of the match. At Mania they can do a double trip to Suplex City with them going back and forth in a powerhouse match.

As for other suggestions, honestly I can't see Lesnar losing a David vs Goliath match the way they've built him up as a guy that can't even lose to the biggest and best guys.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby Hanley! » Sep 28, '16, 5:58 pm

The Legend wrote:As for other suggestions, honestly I can't see Lesnar losing a David vs Goliath match the way they've built him up as a guy that can't even lose to the biggest and best guys.

If they can't manage to get a big guy who's a talented veteran to convincingly lose to a smaller guy who's also a talented veteran, then we might as well all give up on this damn company because they can't even manage the fundamentals of pro-wrestling anymore.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Postby The Legend » Sep 28, '16, 6:16 pm

Hanley! wrote:
The Legend wrote:As for other suggestions, honestly I can't see Lesnar losing a David vs Goliath match the way they've built him up as a guy that can't even lose to the biggest and best guys.

If they can't manage to get a big guy who's a talented veteran to convincingly lose to a smaller guy who's also a talented veteran, then we might as well all give up on this damn company because they can't even manage the fundamentals of pro-wrestling anymore.

That is an old school fundamental, but it's something that the current world also makes more difficult to believe. In the world where we've got UFC fighting in weight classes for fairness it's harder to convince the audience somebody half of Lesnar's size can convincingly beat him.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 331

Postby DBSoT » Sep 28, '16, 7:02 pm

Cesaro, Samoa Joe or Cena. Anything else and I could care less. It looks like they were building to Lesnar vs Shane McMahon. Fuck that. There is one more person that I would love to see, but it may just be too early for him to beat Lesnar. That is Shinsuke Nakamura. The spectacle and match would be incredible. However, I would only do it if Nakamura was winning and since that isn't happening, it best to hold off.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby Westcoastvibes » Sep 28, '16, 7:43 pm

Honestly just to disappear and become somewhat of a Undertaker type talent. Be used for others to call out and try to make a name for themselves

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Str8Shooter » Sep 28, '16, 9:11 pm

Honestly I think the drug test failure in UFC has really hurt his aura a fair bit. When he won that fight he was white hot and people were pumped to see what he did in WWE to capitalize on that. Then he flunked the test, was shamed out of UFC and that excitement fizzled out quickly.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Everlong » Sep 28, '16, 9:24 pm

I can't say for sure who I'd like to see him face, but I agree with the general consensus that I want to see him getting back to WRESTLING again rather than just being a suplex machine. We know he's still got the technical talent to do it, so if he's unshackled that way, we know he can do it. Plus, he's one of the greatest sellers of all time, and his current gimmick doesn't allow him to showcase that immense strength of his.

Basically, I want to see him a little more vulnerable, a little less shackled when it comes to his moveset, and then he'll be back to being one of the best attractions in WWE.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby KaiserGlider » Sep 28, '16, 10:39 pm

I'm not excited about Zayn vs Lesnar at this point in time. To me Zayn just doesn't have the look or wrestling style of someone who can believably do anything to Lesnar. At least Bryan had deadly submissions and strikes. If Zayn is booked to get some good wins against very strong opponents, then I might change my mind on that. On the other hand, I think AJ Styles has the credibility to get that underdog win on Lesnar. I would love to see that match. Nakamura is another one, I can see him putting some serious hurt on Brock. Samoa Joe would be cool just for the spectacle of those two super badasses facing off, but I don't see it being a good match.

What I want to see from Lesnar in general is a bit of a tougher question. Obviously dropping the suplex city gimmick and having him lose would freshen up his character, but it wouldn't bother me much if he never loses. I get off on seeing Lesnar dominate people. Just stop ending his matches as soon as the pace picks up. No more squash matches on PPV. When Paul Heyman hypes a "fight", I wanna see a fight. Give people some really near falls on Lesnar, so when he does win it's actually exciting and his opponents get over too.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby Hanley! » Sep 29, '16, 3:32 pm

I like the Zayn vs Lesnar match up a lot, because that kind of strong underdog beating an unstoppable beast like Lesnar in a massive upset is what pro-wrestling is at its best. It'd be an awesome moment.

Lesnar is becoming tiresome enough now for people to embrace him as a heel somewhat, particularly against Sami. And Zayn, as I said already, is the best babyface on Raw. Hell, he's the best babyface in the company with the possible exception of Bayley. It'd make for an awesome upset and a great feel good moment, that we get far too little of in WWE these days. Wrestling is never better than when you can really support the good guy and watch him get his big win. I don't think we've seen that on a massive stage since Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania 30. NXT is great at giving us those moments, but they suck at it on the main roster. Seeing Zayn beat Brock would be massively refreshing to me. It'd rekindle some of my lost love for WWE.

As for him not being credible enough, that's part of the beauty of it. People don't think he'd be able for Lesnar, but then he pulls it out anyway. Zayn is an incredible worker and Lesnar is one of the best sellers in the company, when he actually needs to sell. Zayn would look plenty credible in victory. I think the Zayn that beat Owens at Battleground would be the perfect guy to end a run like Lesnar's.

Besides, Lesnar was massively dominant back during his first run with the company too. Nobody thought Eddie Guerrero had a chance in hell of beating him for the title. And now that match and moment are probably more fondly remembered than any others from that era. I want another moment like that from Brock. Or all this time spent building him as unstoppable will have been a waste.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topic Author

Return to WWE