It is currently: Jun 15, '24, 3:30 pm

What is your level of anticipation for WrestleManiA this year

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Re: What is your level of anticipation for WrestleManiA this year

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 19, '16, 12:24 pm

Daz wrote:
Messiah wrote:Eh. I mean, I think it will be an okay show, but I'm not excited for it. I don't see any way this show doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth. Roman Reigns, in his current state, is not a good WWE World Heavyweight Champion but he will walk out just that.

NXT Takeover: Dallas, on the other hand...

Takeover is gonna be ridiculous.

I just looked up the card for that one... holy shit.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 472

Postby UTK » Mar 19, '16, 2:51 pm

Just like every year for the past ~6 years, I don't care

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Mar 19, '16, 6:48 pm

I'm actually giddy for Takeover. It's weird how much better that looks than Wrestlemania.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 19, '16, 7:58 pm

Hanley! wrote:I'm actually giddy for Takeover. It's weird how much better that looks than Wrestlemania.

I can't even imagine what a giddy Hanley looks like :P

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby War Daddy » Mar 19, '16, 10:57 pm

Str8Shooter wrote:
Hanley! wrote:I'm actually giddy for Takeover. It's weird how much better that looks than Wrestlemania.

I can't even imagine what a giddy Hanley looks like :P

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby prophet » Mar 21, '16, 5:16 pm

About a 5.

Jericho/Styles should be a nice watch considering I didn't see them go at it the first time, Shane/Taker has enough intrigue surrounding it for me to want to watch what happens and the Diva Triple Threat match should be brilliant if they're given the time they deserve. I guess Brock/Ambrose will be alright.

That's about it though. I'd have said the IC Title match but honestly they've got the mid-card spots all wrong; Owens/Zayn should be the singles match and the rumoured multi-man match should have been for the US Title. It's incomprehensible to me that they've actually gone with Kalisto/Ryback as a Wrestlemania Match; fucking nobody wants to watch that. Nobody. Speak up if you disagree so that I may call you a liar.

Neville being out is a bummer, the tag title match might have been fun but I really don't give a shit about the League of Nations. I'm not really arsed about The Rock or any other rumoured legend that might make an appearance...

...and the main event is still the most uninteresting main event since they thought Orton/Batista was something people wanted to see.

(also, is Bray Wyatt doing anything? I've not been paying close attention so I don't know what his deal is)

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby KaiserGlider » Mar 21, '16, 8:58 pm

I think it will be a really good show. Ambrose/Lesnar, Shane/Taker, and Jericho/Styles all have the potential to be classics, and the rest of the card looks solid. I enjoyed last year's show (fuck you, Sting/HHH was fun). Though I must say Wrestlemania just doesn't feel as special this year because I'm more detached from the product - I watch less wrestling per week than ever before and the booking sucks for the most part. (Although watching only the PPVs has been great due to the fact that I'm not burned out by the 3-hour Raws anymore.)

Basically, I'm looking forward to watching a good night of wrestling, not coming here right afterwards because I don't want to read everyone whining about Reigns, and then hoping the booking will be better in the upcoming year than it was in the previous one.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Previous

Return to WWE