It is currently: Jun 03, '24, 5:08 pm

Paul Heyman delivers line of the year

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Paul Heyman delivers line of the year

Postby The Legend » Jul 19, '15, 9:47 pm

So who watched the Pre-show? I thought Heyman delivered totally out of the blue the comedic line of the year.

Someone asked him what if Lesnar loses? And he said he doesn't deal in hypotheticals. then he dropped this gem:

"If your aunt had a pair then she'd be your uncle."

I thought it was so spontaneous that it was hilarious.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 331

Re: Paul Heyman delivers line of the year

Postby SortaCreative » Jul 20, '15, 6:01 am

Yeah, I saw it. I thought it was a great line.

Heyman is really killing it at the moment. I've enjoyed his work ever since he came back with Brock. Even the stuff with Punk was great.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Tom » Jul 20, '15, 9:47 am

When it comes to promos he is certainly one of the best WWE has. He does a fantastic job of investing people into Brock and into his matches also. I do feel that his reactions can be a little over the top at times however, especially during matches. It can kind of take away from the performance in the ring. Still, on the mic, he has been fantastic lately!

Tom None specified
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

Topics: 23

Postby Hanley! » Jul 20, '15, 11:32 am

I liked that line a lot too. :lol I was appreciating his more off the cuff remarks in that interview. Maybe they were pre-planned, but they at least felt more off the cuff than usual.

Heyman is probably the best promo in WWE at the moment, but he's been falling into a bit of a routine where a lot of his stuff comes off as very rehearsed. Probably because he's told to go out and cut largely the same 5-10 minute promo several times a year at this point. It's a good promo, but I can't get excited about it the way I used to because it doesn't feel fresh now.

But that interview, short as it was, had a different kind of energy. It felt like he was just coming up with his responses on the spot. I'd like to see them let Heyman cut different kinds of promo, or take part in more one-on-ones like this, because it's easy to take him for granted when he's mostly doing the same thing.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Return to WWE