It is currently: Jun 03, '24, 11:54 pm

Roman Reigns is 3 for 3

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Roman Reigns is 3 for 3

Postby SortaCreative » Apr 30, '15, 8:46 am

Since returning and being thrust into the spotlight at the Royal Rumble much to everyone's dismay, Roman Reigns has so far gone through three PPV's with arguably the best match of the night or one of the best matches of the night.

vs. Daniel Bryan

In kayfabe Reigns proved that he could beat a technical wrestler. For shoot, we saw that he was able to work a solid match, a stiff match at that, with someone who was faster paced and way more experienced. Bryan is generally credited for carrying this match and being the general for it, but Reigns had his input. it did wonders for him.

vs. Brock Lesnar (and Seth Rollins)

In kayfabe he proved that he could stand toe to toe with the Beast Brock Lesnar and he refused to stay down. This is the match most were worried about. Without someone like Bryan, who would control the flow of the match. Turns out it didn't matter because they went out and just beat the piss out of each other for 15 mins. Another solid showing for Reigns.

vs. ...... Big Show....

Unbelievably, Big Show vs. Reigns in Last Man Standing was probably the best match of Extreme Rules. It was highly entertaining. It had a simple but effective story and once again Reigns had a solid showing. Big Show, who is old as fuck, managed to drag his arse around the ring and ringside area and give Reigns a solid match. But in this instance it was Reigns doing all the hard work. He took the majority of the bumps.

I didn't think i'd be saying that Reigns so far has been the one to watch on PPV.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Roman Reigns is 3 for 3

Postby SlightlyJames » Apr 30, '15, 8:48 am

I liked the tag match from ER and Randy vs Seth from Wrestlemania better than the matches you mentioned. Fair enough he's been in good matches, though.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby SortaCreative » Apr 30, '15, 8:51 am

SlightlyJames wrote:I liked the tag match from ER and Randy vs Seth from Wrestlemania better than the matches you mentioned. Fair enough he's been in good matches, though.

No way, Seth and Orton looked like a ball room dance compared to Lesnar/Reigns.

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topic Author
Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby lyonssv » Apr 30, '15, 8:52 am

SortaCreative wrote:
SlightlyJames wrote:I liked the tag match from ER and Randy vs Seth from Wrestlemania better than the matches you mentioned. Fair enough he's been in good matches, though.

No way, Seth and Orton looked like a ball room dance compared to Lesnar/Reigns.

Completely agree.

lyonssv Male
Indy Darling
Indy Darling

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 13

Postby SlightlyJames » Apr 30, '15, 8:56 am

It was a nice ball room dance, then! :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Messiah » Apr 30, '15, 8:57 am

Not to take anything away from Reigns because I do like the guy, but that WrestleMania match was all Lesnar.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 30, '15, 9:18 am

Messiah wrote:Not to take anything away from Reigns because I do like the guy, but that WrestleMania match was all Lesnar.

I'm not sure that's fair to Reigns, true that he took the beating from Lesnar. But he sold it well, did his job by taking it and telling the story of getting pummeled and smiling and not giving up. And his comeback at the end of the match was well done and had the crowd believing he would win.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby SlightlyJames » Apr 30, '15, 9:24 am

Str8Shooter wrote:telling the story of not giving up

I don't think we should be encouraging that, do you? :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 30, '15, 9:35 am

SlightlyJames wrote:
Str8Shooter wrote:telling the story of not giving up

I don't think we should be encouraging that, do you? :lol

Babyfaces have been telling that story for 50 years, just cause Cena ruined it....

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby PorkChop » Apr 30, '15, 10:50 am

Reigns isn't as bad as most fans like to pretend he is. As far as I remember, most people seemed to quite like him until it suddenly became cool to shit on him after the Royal Rumble.

He's not the best wrestler by any means, in the ring or on the mic, but he's had his fair share of entertaining matches and doesn't deserve the hate he gets at all.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Viazon » Apr 30, '15, 10:58 am

Me and my friend were also quite shocked that Reigns vs Big Show happened to be the best match of the night. I think if they start over with him then the fans will get back on his side. The events at the Royal Rumble were unfortunate for him and I really don't think it was any of his fault. They did thrust him into the main event too soon though. If they let him carry on doing what he is doing then I think he could make a decent champion.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby SlightlyJames » Apr 30, '15, 11:09 am

PorkChop wrote:Reigns isn't as bad as most fans like to pretend he is. As far as I remember, most people seemed to quite like him until it suddenly became cool to shit on him after the Royal Rumble.

He's not the best wrestler by any means, in the ring or on the mic, but he's had his fair share of entertaining matches and doesn't deserve the hate he gets at all.

Nobody ever disliked Reigns, they disliked where his booking was headed. They absolutely fucking gouged every other popular guy for months to make him look good and strapped a rocket to his arse.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Return to WWE