It is currently: Jun 04, '24, 5:32 am

is Stephanie stupid?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Re: is Stephanie stupid?

Postby Hanley! » Apr 04, '15, 10:15 am

The Legend wrote:So what we are really crucifying her for in this instance is being more honest than most people would be? It's an awfully round and soft point if it is a point that I'm missing. I wouldn't call someone being honest being stupid. I admire her forthright approach to this if anything else.

She's now getting negative publicity, for a post that she made about trying to get positive publicity. If you don't think that she made a blunder there then you're trying a little too hard to take her side. Find it admirable if you want, but it's obviously a PR fuck up which is all that people are saying here.

Seems like you're just playing devil's advocate. She's the Chief Brand Officer of WWE. From a strictly professional standpoint, she let herself down here.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Apr 04, '15, 10:17 am

As someone who actually works in PR, I can objectively state that if Steph really tweeted that, then it's really, really dumb.

Whatever her intent was with the tweet doesn't matter. It's about public perception.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby PorkChop » Apr 04, '15, 11:35 am

Everlong wrote:As someone who actually works in PR, I can objectively state that if Steph really tweeted that, then it's really, really dumb.

Whatever her intent was with the tweet doesn't matter. It's about public perception.

The tweet is still there: https://twitter.com/StephMcMahon/status ... 0659591168

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 04, '15, 11:37 am

Even if it was dumb to say something like that, even if it's true, I'm not ready to label Steph as some sort of monster or careless person. She's bawling her eyes out in every Connor video they've done, clearly he connected with her on an emotional level.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hanley! » Apr 04, '15, 11:45 am

Str8Shooter wrote:Even if it was dumb to say something like that, even if it's true, I'm not ready to label Steph as some sort of monster or careless person. She's bawling her eyes out in every Connor video they've done, clearly he connected with her on an emotional level.

It's just tactless, in my mind. And careless too, I guess. And a misstep from a marketing point of view. But certainly not monstrous.

Now if she was pretending to cry in those Connor videos to help sell the story then that's a bit gross. I doubt that's the case though. But posting this sort of thing is going to invite that sort of question from some people. It's just a silly blunder, and she should be more careful in future.

It's nothing on her saying 9/11 was just like that time her father was on trial for steroid distribution, at least. So at least she's come on somewhat. :P

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Apr 04, '15, 11:53 am

Str8Shooter wrote:Even if it was dumb to say something like that, even if it's true, I'm not ready to label Steph as some sort of monster or careless person. She's bawling her eyes out in every Connor video they've done, clearly he connected with her on an emotional level.

I'm not saying she's a monster at all. But to tweet out something like that at the time she did is definitely a big gaffe on her part.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 04, '15, 12:20 pm

Everlong wrote:

I'm not saying she's a monster at all. But to tweet out something like that at the time she did is definitely a big gaffe on her part.

She's her father's daughter for sure. Vince used to always put his foot in his mouth when he did mainstream media stuff. As soon as anything didn't go quite his way he immediately defaulted into evil Mr. McMahon mode. That's why you don't see him do much anymore and they got Steph to do it, but she has the same trait to a degree to lash out when challenged.

That's why Shane should still be around, cool as a cucumber that one :P

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Previous

Return to WWE