It is currently: Jun 16, '24, 5:26 am

Sting talks about the WWE - Update: debuting at Wrestlemania?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Re: Sting talks about the WWE - Update: debuting at Wrestlemania?

Postby Everlong » Mar 18, '14, 4:19 pm

Daz wrote:Ten quid he debuts the night after Mania, staredown with Taker, setting up next year.

Prophet literally just said the same on Skype. You mind reader.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby PorkChop » Mar 18, '14, 4:27 pm

Daz wrote:Ten quid he debuts the night after Mania, staredown with Taker, setting up next year.

I hope not. The year-long buildups are horrendous.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Postby Daz » Mar 18, '14, 4:33 pm

PorkChop wrote:

You mean Cena vs. Rock wasn't the best feud of all time?

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Postby Str8Shooter » Mar 18, '14, 4:35 pm

Count me in with the people who still care to see Sting in a WWE ring.

Lets's just hope they don't have him come down from the rafters, that'd be too eery.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Hawk » Mar 18, '14, 8:00 pm

I would love it if debuted in the Battle Royal. That would give him extra credibility going into the next year and build to Undertaker beating him at WrestleMania 31. Then yeah, that GM idea is a nifty follow-up.

(I care about Sting.)

Hawk None specified
Mark
Mark

Postby SKS » Mar 18, '14, 8:15 pm

Sting is cool, but I don't want him around for the whole year. It's bad enough for guys in the mid card to have any chance at breaking into the main event scene with only one major title, throw Sting on the roster and that's another spot taken by someone who shouldn't be wrestling full time. I can tolerate him being around for a month or so to have his final match with Taker and then leave (Taker's WM matches don't really compel me honestly, and he's obviously not going to lose), but I'm not sure I'd enjoy him being around full time taking up a main event spot on the roster. 15 years ago sure, but the guy is 54 years old.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Hawk » Mar 18, '14, 8:41 pm

No, he wouldn't necessarily be on TV the whole time. But certainly on and off to familiarize him with a modern audience, and eventually, to build up to Mania.

Hawk None specified
Mark
Mark

Postby Everlong » Mar 18, '14, 10:28 pm

Hawk wrote:No, he wouldn't necessarily be on TV the whole time. But certainly on and off to familiarize him with a modern audience, and eventually, to build up to Mania.

Yeah actually the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to introduce him a year ahead of time before a potential WrestleMania match with Undertaker. Let's face it, we're almost 15 years past the death of WCW and not nearly as many WWE fans are familiar with Sting's body of work as they were back in the height of the attitude area. Could be good to get some time to sell him as a huge legend.

Now on the other hand, the last thing the WWE really needs is more part-timers. But hey, as far as they're concerned, "in for a penny, in for a pound."

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby JPG619 » Mar 18, '14, 10:38 pm

Everlong wrote:If he debuts at WrestleMania, it'd seem to indicate that he'll at least be a semi-regular member of the roster, would it not?

Wonder how he'd fit in with the current roster.

I don't think he fit well, he be like Lesner and The Rock just making appearances here and there. However that just waiting time for others to shine. I think it time for the WWE to give there current guys a time to shine then always wasting time with washed up old time wrestlers

PorkChop wrote:

I hope not too, Cena and The Rock was enough

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Previous

Return to WWE