It is currently: Jun 16, '24, 5:29 am

Do we blame CM Punk?

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Do we blame CM Punk?

Postby prophet » Feb 25, '14, 8:17 am

Do we blame CM Punk for this situation with Daniel Bryan? We all know he was initially the one meant to take on Triple H at Wrestlemania and when he walked out they substituted Bryan in his place and that match is now all but confirmed.

So are we annoyed at Punk for bailing or looking back at it do you still support and agree with his decision to leave?

:punk2 :punk3 :punk4 :punk

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Do we blame CM Punk?

Postby Messiah » Feb 25, '14, 8:51 am

Daniel Bryan was scheduled to face Sheamus before. So I guess it depends on which match you prefer but he was never going to get into the title match.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 470

Postby ShaneOfan » Feb 25, '14, 9:11 am

Yeah you can't blame Punk for Bryan's situation. You can only blame him for Punk's. Bryan was at one point likely to face HBK and then things fell through and he was to face Sheamus. If anything his match against HHH is more high profile then he was going to get.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 260

Postby Everlong » Feb 25, '14, 9:53 am

Messiah wrote:Daniel Bryan was scheduled to face Sheamus before. So I guess it depends on which match you prefer but he was never going to get into the title match.

So what you're saying is, PUNK SCREWED SHEAMUS :angrysanta

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Feb 25, '14, 2:36 pm

Yeah, Bryan would have just wrestled Kane or maybe someone like Sheamus if Punk was still around. If anything Punk did him a favour. It sounds like they thought of Punk as a bigger star than Bryan, if Punk really was the one who was going to be pitted against the authority. If he was still around, Bryan would have played an even smaller role at Wrestlemania.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby SKS » Feb 25, '14, 2:53 pm

Can someone explain the Bryan/Sheamus match idea? That would be fucking pointless. WWE would probably say something about Sheamus beating him at 'Mania in 18 seconds, but that was two years ago. I don't think anyone even remembers that shit. Would have been a monumental let down after all that's Bryan done over the past year or so. Hell, him fighting Triple H is a letdown to me.

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby KaiserGlider » Feb 25, '14, 3:50 pm

I'm not sure I buy the Sheamus thing. Bryan/HHH is happening because Triple H just HAS to be on the card in WWE's mind, and there's nobody for him to face other than Bryan. If Punk was around we'd get HHH/Punk and Bryan would have had a much higher chance of getting added to Batista vs Orton. As it stood now if Bryan got added to the main event Triple H wouldn't have had an opponent and there's no way he would have agreed to that bullshit. That's the way I see it, anyway.

KaiserGlider Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 472

Postby prophet » Feb 25, '14, 3:58 pm

KaiserGlider wrote:I'm not sure I buy the Sheamus thing. Bryan/HHH is happening because Triple H just HAS to be on the card in WWE's mind, and there's nobody for him to face other than Bryan. If Punk was around we'd get HHH/Punk and Bryan would have had a much higher chance of getting added to Batista vs Orton. As it stood now if Bryan got added to the main event Triple H wouldn't have had an opponent and there's no way he would have agreed to that bullshit. That's the way I see it, anyway.

Yeah that's sort of what I meant. I know it was reported that the original plan was to run Bryan/Sheamus again but it wouldn't have been beyond the realms of possibility to alter that and put Bryan in the main event if Punk were still around to keep Triple H occupied. Now Punk has gone the only logical replacement was Bryan and when it comes to the WWE putting Triple H on the card is more important than giving fans what they want.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Return to WWE