It is currently: Jun 16, '24, 8:58 am

Hulk Hogan confirmed as the guest host at Wrestlemania 30

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

Hulk Hogan confirmed as the guest host at Wrestlemania 30

Postby prophet » Feb 21, '14, 4:11 pm

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/454713- ... gan-return

Thoughts? He's also announced to return on Monday's RAW, personally I'm not looking forward too it. When Rock hosted Wrestlemania 27 it sucked and I'm sure this won't be much better.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Hulk Hogan confirmed as the guest host at Wrestlemania 30

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Feb 21, '14, 4:13 pm

Not a surprise.

I just hope he gets through the show without any mess ups.

I'd cringe if he did a segment with Bryan doing the "Yes!" chant. :favre

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 519

Postby CMPUNKFAN » Feb 21, '14, 4:22 pm

I have always like Hogan and he is only hosting it. He is not taking someone else spot in a match and its only good for the company IMO.

CMPUNKFAN Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 119

Postby Westcoastvibes » Feb 21, '14, 4:44 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:I'd cringe if he did a segment with Bryan doing the "Yes!" chant.

Brother, let me tell you about, brother, Daniel, Brother, Brian, brother. This brother has started, brother, a movement brother, the YES!, brother, movement brother. From this point on brother, its no longer about, brother, hulkamaniacs brother, its about the YES!a maniacs brother. (DB music hits and he walks onto the stage with a mic, pauses, then just yells) YES!
Bryan - YES!
Hogan - BROTHER!

YES , BROTHER, YES, BROTHER, YES, BROTHER,

BROTHER BROTHER BROTHER BROTHER BROTHER......

then over half the viewers live and at home kill themselves with various household items

Westcoastvibes Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 98

Postby Messiah » Feb 21, '14, 5:37 pm

CMPUNKFAN wrote:I have always like Hogan and he is only hosting it. He is not taking someone else spot in a match and its only good for the company IMO.

I wouldn't be so sure. Last time someone hosted WrestleMania, they wasted everyone's time with a 10-15 minute promo to open up the show.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 21, '14, 5:41 pm

Messiah wrote:
CMPUNKFAN wrote:I have always like Hogan and he is only hosting it. He is not taking someone else spot in a match and its only good for the company IMO.

I wouldn't be so sure. Last time someone hosted WrestleMania, they wasted everyone's time with a 10-15 minute promo to open up the show.

Still better than the Divas match. :P

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby SortaCreative » Feb 21, '14, 6:13 pm

Westcoastvibes wrote:
AkydefGoldberg wrote:I'd cringe if he did a segment with Bryan doing the "Yes!" chant.

Brother, let me tell you about, brother, Daniel, Brother, Brian, brother. This brother has started, brother, a movement brother, the YES!, brother, movement brother. From this point on brother, its no longer about, brother, hulkamaniacs brother, its about the YES!a maniacs brother. (DB music hits and he walks onto the stage with a mic, pauses, then just yells) YES!
Bryan - YES!
Hogan - BROTHER!

then over half the viewers live and at home kill themselves with various household items

HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Hanley! » Feb 21, '14, 6:53 pm

Messiah wrote:

And lets be honest, the only reason we got that joke of a main event (Cena vs Miz) is because the real story was Cena vs Rock. Miz barely mattered in the story. Nobody gave a fuck. He won the match technically, but it's only because the Rock interfered, and it wasn't the Miz that was standing tall at the end of the pay per view. It was the Rock.

So yeah, maybe Hogan is only going to host it. But the last time someone hosted a Wrestlemania, the major storyline at the time revolved entirely around him and he both opened and closed the show. Still feeling optimistic?

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Str8Shooter » Feb 21, '14, 7:06 pm

Hanley! wrote:
Messiah wrote:

And lets be honest, the only reason we got that joke of a main event (Cena vs Miz) is because the real story was Cena vs Rock. Miz barely mattered in the story. Nobody gave a fuck. He won the match technically, but it's only because the Rock interfered, and it wasn't the Miz that was standing tall at the end of the pay per view. It was the Rock.

So yeah, maybe Hogan is only going to host it. But the last time someone hosted a Wrestlemania, the major storyline at the time revolved entirely around him and he both opened and closed the show. Still feeling optimistic?

The difference is that Rock was much younger and still physically able. Hogan by all reports is broken down so badly that he can't even take a bump or throw a big boot or legdrop. It's hard for him to be the focal point the way that Rock was.

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 359

Postby Locke » Feb 22, '14, 9:41 am

Westcoastvibes wrote:

Bryan - YES!
Hogan - BROTHER!

That's fucking genius! LMAO :rotf2 :rotf2 :rotf2

Ahhh but seriously, fuck ya'll. I'm stoked to see Hulk back for a bit!

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Everlong » Feb 22, '14, 10:29 am

Fuck da haters, Rock hosting Mania was awesome. Sure the opening segment could have been cut down a bit, but as for the main event criticism, The Rock was the only thing saving that Cena/Miz match. Miz had no business being there as champ in the first place, despite the heat he was getting at the time he was still a joke champion because of booking.

Plus we got moments like this:

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Messiah » Feb 22, '14, 10:37 am

Everlong wrote:Fuck da haters, Rock hosting Mania was awesome. Sure the opening segment could have been cut down a bit, but as for the main event criticism, The Rock was the only thing saving that Cena/Miz match. Miz had no business being there as champ in the first place, despite the heat he was getting at the time he was still a joke champion because of booking.

You can't criticize the booking and then support the idea of The Rock hitting the champion with his finisher to close the show. The Miz should never have had to headline WrestleMania (although his mic work was superb around that time and he was getting good heat) but having him completely ignored did not help matters.

You don't heal a disease by adding another disease.

Not that I necessarily have an issue with The Rock because I do like him. I didn't even really have a problem with the opening promo, I was just throwing it out there. But The Rock exemplified the issues with the WWE and it didn't help matters that he has been involved in the main event of three straight WrestleMania's. It is probably why the WWE doesn't feel any different than it did in 2011, except probably even worse. And we all know Rock/Undertaker/Lesnar, one or two of the three, are going to headline next years WrestleMania.

And Miz/Cena could have been a much better match if it weren't for The Rock's involvement, which is the only reason why that whole double count out incident happened. I know this because a couple of months later, The Miz and John Cena had a much better match on RAW for the WWE Championship. Triple H and Undertaker not taking up an hour of our time by crawling could have helped out the title match as well.

I do love The Rock and I don't blame him. And I guess this is a bit off topic. He just is a piece of all that is wrong with the WWE.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby PorkChop » Feb 22, '14, 12:07 pm

I hated The Rock as guest host of WrestleMania 27, and I'm probably going to hate Hogan being the guest host for this one. Ugh.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 1430

Postby Hanley! » Feb 22, '14, 7:55 pm

Everlong wrote:Fuck da haters, Rock hosting Mania was awesome. Sure the opening segment could have been cut down a bit, but as for the main event criticism, The Rock was the only thing saving that Cena/Miz match. Miz had no business being there as champ in the first place, despite the heat he was getting at the time he was still a joke champion because of booking.

Plus we got moments like this:

I didn't really like the promo you just posted. Stuff like that is ruining wrestling in my mind. It wasn't a good segment, it was just a "remember this stuff that used to be good?" segment. There's a big difference. Rock & Stone Cold interacting is kind of a cool novelty, but it's a novelty because back in the day they used to have entertaining segments and matches together. While at Wrestlemania 27 they were just there and that was supposed to be enough to make us freak out, because NOSTALGIA. I'd rather see some new moments, rather than just references to old ones.

Also you can't really commend the Rock for being the only saving grace of the Cena/Miz match, because if he hadn't been around then that match would have had a much better build. Or better still, if he hadn't been around that match probably never would have been made. So he does bear a lot of responsibility for how much Wrestlemania 27 sucked. If Rock hadn't been around we would have gotten a better, more evenly matched feud for the main event. Possibly even Cena v Punk.

To be honest, to this day I think they should have done Rock/Cena @ Wrestlemania 27. It would have been a lot more exciting than it was a year later at Wrestlemania 28. And fucking loads more exciting than a shitty Cena/Miz main event with a Rock run in at Wrestlemania 27. Stretching it out for 3 Wrestlemanias was a mistake. They should have done Rock/Cena as soon as Rock returned while people still cared, then Rock/somebody else the following year if he was still interested.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Everlong » Feb 22, '14, 9:40 pm

You honestly got no enjoyment out of a 30 second confrontation between Rock and Austin?!?! If they wouldn't have had them interact at all at WrestleMania it would have been a HUGE missed opportunity. It's the biggest show of the year and they wanted to give the fans a cool moment to remember, and it got a HUGE pop.

Not all nostalgia is bad in pro wrestling.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Hanley! » Feb 23, '14, 6:33 am

Yeah, nostalgia can be good sometimes, but they draw on it way too much in wrestling. They'd rather reference the past than create something that will be remembered in the future. And I've seen Rock & Austin in enough stuff together that just having them stand there and look at each other for a few seconds doesn't blow me away. There was nothing remotely memorable about that confrontation. They didn't do anything.

Sure, it didn't take up a lot of time so it could hardly be considered a waste, but it sure as hell didn't make the show much BETTER. Rock's involvement at Wrestlemania 27 was still a bit crappy. And with Austin and Rock together in the one place, they could have easily had them do something more than just stand on screen at the same time so fans could do a little more than think "OMG Rock & Austin, remember when wrestling was good?"

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Postby Daz » Feb 23, '14, 6:55 am

Everlong wrote:You honestly got no enjoyment out of a 30 second confrontation between Rock and Austin?!?! If they wouldn't have had them interact at all at WrestleMania it would have been a HUGE missed opportunity. It's the biggest show of the year and they wanted to give the fans a cool moment to remember, and it got a HUGE pop.

Not all nostalgia is bad in pro wrestling.

I think the fact it was at the tail end of a 3 minute love in with the Rock, which served little to no purpose was the real problem. Especially when stuff like Bryan/Sheamus got cut as a result.

Click image to get your tits blown off by my literary prowess.
Daz Male
Referee
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 25

Return to WWE