It is currently: Jun 16, '24, 4:50 am

The Wyatt Family vs The Shield has been great.

Talk about what's going on in the WWE in this forum!

Moderator: Str8Shooter

The Wyatt Family vs The Shield has been great.

Postby prophet » Feb 18, '14, 6:57 am

Anyone else really enjoyed this feud? I think they've been the best part of RAW for the past couple of weeks in the build-up to Elimination Chamber and they've even been booked well. I was always a fan of this happening after watching the reaction they got in England when a fight between the two factions was teased so I was looking forward to seeing it happen down the road and now it has I haven't been disappointed.

The promo work has been great as you'd expect from Bray but I've been pleasantly surprised with how well The Shield have done to keep themselves looking like a threat yet teasing an under-lying tension between Reigns and Ambrose. Particularly last night when Rollins was fan-boying over Roman which clearly made Dean jealous, that was done well and I'd enjoy seeing a triple-threat between the three at 'Mania. I do find it strange how The Wyatt Family cost John Cena the title and they've had next to no interaction since. Perhaps that'll change come Sunday.

I would have liked to see this 6-man tag take place inside the Chamber itself - that'd have been cool but whatever, really looking forward to this one.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 534
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: The Wyatt Family vs The Shield has been great.

Postby The Legend » Feb 18, '14, 9:58 am

Eh, this is actually probably my least favorite part of the past month. There's nothing inherently likable about the characters of either team so it's hard to root for anyone in this angle or be excited about what's coming next. The tension amongst the Shield has been really well done and that has been interesting, but the Wyatts feel out of place in the angle to me.

Credit to Tim/Everlong for this awesome sig
The Legend None specified
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 331

Postby Locke » Feb 18, '14, 10:16 am

The Wyatts have looked a bit too weak for my liking, leaving the ring in the same manner for the past two weeks. I would like it if The Shield didn't appear almost face compared to The Wyatts. I think Roman is going to turn on Ambrose soon, or vice versa.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 18, '14, 11:18 am

Seems like it could even be Reigns and Rollins both turning face while Ambrose stays heel.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby prophet » Feb 18, '14, 11:23 am

I think Ambrose will attack Reigns and the feud will revolve around them whilst Rollins will be the middle-ground, the wild-card of the bunch. He might even be the Special Guest Referee for the match at Wrestlemania as opposed to being in it.

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby VaderBomb » Feb 18, '14, 11:25 am

prophet wrote:I think Ambrose will attack Reigns and the feud will revolve around them whilst Rollins will be the middle-ground, the wild-card of the bunch. He might even be the Special Guest Referee for the match at Wrestlemania as opposed to being in it.

Likely, and would be a shame considering Rollins is the most entertaining wrestler of the group.

VaderBomb Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 177

Postby prophet » Feb 18, '14, 11:28 am

VaderBomb wrote:
prophet wrote:I think Ambrose will attack Reigns and the feud will revolve around them whilst Rollins will be the middle-ground, the wild-card of the bunch. He might even be the Special Guest Referee for the match at Wrestlemania as opposed to being in it.

Likely, and would be a shame considering Rollins is the most entertaining wrestler of the group.

Agreed. It does look like he might be in danger of getting lost in the shuffle here - I'd rather him break away from both Reigns and Ambrose and cut a badass promo stating he's better than both of them and plans to prove it etc...

prophet Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Return to WWE