It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 2:26 am

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 14, '16, 5:04 pm

The new Zelda for NX and Wii U finally has a name, along with a new trailer and a hell of a lot of gameplay from the Nintendo Treehouse stream that's been running today. Seems like they're going all in on the open world aspects of the game, quite a few departures from what you expect to see in a Zelda game but there's enough familiarity to be comforting. Game is bloody beautiful, as well.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 275

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Postby DBSoT » Jun 14, '16, 5:36 pm

There gonna do it aren't they, they are going to make me buy a WiiU or NX. I love Zelda with a passion, but I can't stand much else from Nintendo.

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 218

Postby SlightlyJames » Jun 14, '16, 5:54 pm

DBSoT wrote:There gonna do it aren't they, they are going to make me buy a WiiU or NX. I love Zelda with a passion, but I can't stand much else from Nintendo.

There's a few titles I've seen on Wii U that tempt me from time to time, nothing that's ever set my mind on getting the system though. Depending on how the NX looks on release I'm not sure which system I'd be looking to get it on.

It would essentially come down to how well received the NX is, because undoubtedly that will determine how much third party support the system receives. At that point you would have to weight the likelihood of a healthy and well supported console lifespan for the NX versus the opportunity to get your hands on the modest but already well received library of the Wii U.

For example, here's a list of Wii U exclusive games I'd be interested in playing: Super Mario 3D World, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, Super Mario Maker, Pokken Tournament, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Splatoon, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's Wooly World, The Wonderful 101 and the Wind Waker/Twilight Princess Remasters.

That's a fairly substantial amount of games, the issue at this point is that the console's life span is almost certainly coming to an end. If you invest in a Wii U, I'd be prepared to accept that the games listed above are pretty much your lot (along with Zelda of course).

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 275

Postby Hanley! » Jun 15, '16, 5:32 pm

Yeah, the WiiU actually has more games that I'm interested in than any of the other consoles right now. So I'm kinda disappointed that they're already moving on to the next thing. Though honestly the WiiU's gimmick doesn't appeal to me all that much and as a console it might not have been the best idea. Still, the collection of games looks good, and I've always held that's much more important than anything else.

The well will probably run dry soon though. Nintendo makes great games, so there's always some stuff to look forward to on any new console. But once the console has been out for long enough, Sony and Microsoft will overtake it for number of great games because Nintendo's consoles always lack third party support nowadays.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Everlong » Jun 16, '16, 7:51 am

This is the first I'd even heard of the NX. I've been thinking about getting a Nintendo console, but I'll probably just wait to see what the deal is with that.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Return to Gaming and Technology