It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 3:09 am

Transfer music to Ipod without ITunes?

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

Transfer music to Ipod without ITunes?

Postby AkydefGoldberg » May 29, '16, 12:30 pm

Basically, I don't fancy downloading Itunes and tbh I don't have a big music folder to transfer music. I'll be ripping audio from Youtube to listen to on the train or podcasts.

I tried moving a song to my Ipod without ITunes by opening the latter in my computer then unhiding the folders and pasting the song however when I tried to listen to it I couldn't find it!

So is there a way to get round this (maybe I did something wrong?) or is there a free software I could use to transfer songs to the Ipod/manage my existing playlist?

Cheers

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Transfer music to Ipod without ITunes?

Postby Everlong » May 29, '16, 12:50 pm

You can open up the iPod folder and simply copy/paste songs to the correct location.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Postby AkydefGoldberg » May 29, '16, 3:12 pm

Everlong wrote:You can open up the iPod folder and simply copy/paste songs to the correct location.

By correct, do you mean any folder? I plonked a song in a folder but went through my playlist one by one but couldn't find it!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » May 30, '16, 3:02 pm

AkydefGoldberg wrote:
Everlong wrote:You can open up the iPod folder and simply copy/paste songs to the correct location.

By correct, do you mean any folder? I plonked a song in a folder but went through my playlist one by one but couldn't find it!

I've stopped my aversion to itunes - after frankly not being arsed to find a solution to my question - and downloaded it and sorting it through that way!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Return to Gaming and Technology