It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 2:43 am

Gears of War Ultimate Edition is out NOW on Windows 10

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition is out NOW on Windows 10

Postby SlightlyJames » Mar 01, '16, 9:29 am

This was a surprising one, launching completely by surprise with no announcement or anything. Here's the store page for the game. I don't have Windows 10 right now due to my Windows 7 being not entirely legitimate, once I do make the shift to Win10 I'll certainly get a hold of this, it's launching pretty cheap at £22.79.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 275

Re: Gears of War Ultimate Edition is out NOW on Windows 10

Postby Everlong » Mar 01, '16, 10:17 am

So this is a remastered edition of the very first game, correct?

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 2439

Re: Gears of War Ultimate Edition is out NOW on Windows 10

Postby SlightlyJames » Mar 01, '16, 10:30 am

Everlong wrote:So this is a remastered edition of the very first game, correct?

Yeah, the same one that came out on Xbone last year. From what I've heard there are some decent improvements in the Ultimate Edition from a technical standpoint, the environments, textures and lighting are better than the original and it runs better too (and not just because of the superior hardware).

It also features some more content like a new map, additional online modes and the original PC exclusive campaign levels are included in the Xbox version. As far as I know you can't really get the original on PC anymore as it was a Games For Windows Live title and that doesn't exist anymore.

Really it's just an excuse for me to revisit a game I love with a new coat of paint. Though from what I've heard the PC port is less than stellar, might wanna wait for a patch or two before picking it up (I'll be waiting until I get Windows 10 anyway)

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topic Author
Topics: 275

Return to Gaming and Technology