It is currently: May 10, '24, 5:32 am

Whats App question

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

Whats App question

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 07, '15, 3:54 pm

Myself and three other friends are in a group chat on whats app. One of our friends in that chat has become extremely distant to the point he hardly messages in the chat. Now, the rest of us message in the group chatting about daily things. Except one who doesn't reply to any messages or get involved.

The baffling thing is it shows he has been online at intervals during the day but he doesn't seem to be opening the group chat to read the messages. Is there a way you can read messages in a chat without the rest receiving the two blue ticks that the person has read the message, so I was thinking it might be that my mate comes online, waits for the messages to build up, switches off his data, checks the messages offline, so it prevents us receiving the notification that he's read them?

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Whats App question

Postby SlightlyJames » Dec 07, '15, 4:02 pm

If he's going to that length of awkwardness to not let you know he's seen the messages I'd say just let him get on with it man. :lol

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 08, '15, 8:45 am

SlightlyJames wrote:If he's going to that length of awkwardness to not let you know he's seen the messages I'd say just let him get on with it man. :lol

Yup, that's the road we're going down but it's more of a technical question so incase I want to avoid not messaging in a group but still want to be nosy nough to see what's going on. :lol

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby Viazon » Dec 08, '15, 12:51 pm

It seems to me like he just isn't reading your messages.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 09, '15, 7:11 am

Viazon wrote:It seems to me like he just isn't reading your messages.

Yeah but if that was me and I loads (not sure numbers but probably into hundreds) of messages unopened, I'd be tempted at some point to open just to see if it's anything important but it's a wider issue that he's not informed us about hence his disengagement.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Dec 11, '15, 7:42 am

Technical aspect has been resolved - more likely what my mate is doing is ticking off the button for read receipts hence he's reading but not sending us the receipts for delivery. And he can't see ours which is no issue for him as he doesn't message anyway.

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author

Return to Gaming and Technology