It is currently: Apr 28, '24, 10:03 pm

Wow the newest WWE game is awful

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

Wow the newest WWE game is awful

Postby UTK » Feb 16, '15, 11:19 pm

A friend bought a PS4 recently, and one of the first games he got was WWE 2k15. In hindsight we probably should have looked up online reviews, but we had always enjoyed playing past Smackdown vs Raw games, so we figured it would be very similar - just better.

Well, I was wrong. My favorite part about the SvR games was the customization. They really fucked that up in this game. You can barely do anything. My favorite thing to do was to make a weird-looking guy with extra long and small arms but very big hands with a clown wig. But I couldn't do that, dammit. Plus, the gameplay was just straight-up frustrating. Get off your fucking knee, Lesnar, your cardio is better than that. Also I'm pretty sure you can't throw people off the top of the cell because I tried everything and couldn't figure it out.

Why would they change things that were working so well? Waste of $56. He returned it the next day.

All aboard the hype train, motherfuckers.
UTK Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 59
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: Wow the newest WWE game is awful

Postby ShaneOfan » Feb 17, '15, 6:55 am

Yeah it was bad. Customization was horrible. Especially only having a dozen or so hair styles. The roster wasn't bad but the lack of match styles was. I've heard creators wanted to hold the game off until Mania season but WWE pushed it up to get Christmas sales.

Thanks to SKS and Tim for the awesome sigs!

Join the PCW!

http://www.pubtalkforum.com/thepub/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24&start=20

C.C.P.
ShaneOfan Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 260

Postby Everlong » Feb 17, '15, 5:55 pm

That sucks to hear. I logged tons of hours on Smackdown: Just Bring It and Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain back in the day. They used to have some awesome games.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby Circled Square » Feb 17, '15, 5:56 pm

I have it. It's a good game mechanically, you can have a great match at the right difficulty. The problem with it is the insanely low CAW slot number, I think it's like 10. 10 fucking CAWS? Are you joking? they only left in ONE (yes, ONE, ONE!!!) old entrance, the guy who talks on the phone. I wouldn't have bought it if I had known it would be this when it comes to the customization. Maybe it's a lot worse for other people, I haven't bought a WWE game since WWE 12.

Circled Square Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 209

Postby JPG619 » Feb 17, '15, 9:58 pm

UTK wrote:A friend bought a PS4 recently, and one of the first games he got was WWE 2k15. In hindsight we probably should have looked up online reviews, but we had always enjoyed playing past Smackdown vs Raw games, so we figured it would be very similar - just better.

Well, I was wrong. My favorite part about the SvR games was the customization. They really fucked that up in this game. You can barely do anything. My favorite thing to do was to make a weird-looking guy with extra long and small arms but very big hands with a clown wig. But I couldn't do that, dammit. Plus, the gameplay was just straight-up frustrating. Get off your fucking knee, Lesnar, your cardio is better than that. Also I'm pretty sure you can't throw people off the top of the cell because I tried everything and couldn't figure it out.

Why would they change things that were working so well? Waste of $56. He returned it the next day.

Sorry he didn't like the game but remember this is 2K and Virtual Concepts first attempted at this game in Current Gen since THQ and Yukes had this game for ages so I can understand why don't like it

As for the Lesner cardio part that is the new stamina system some if you do alot of big moves over and over including finishers you get tired fast. I really like that part of the game since it makes things more realistic like since not everyone is Cena and can get his ass kicked and has the energy to kick ass LOL

I think you need to give the game more a chance but then again not everyone liked the game as much as I did.

I know that it is lacking in features but give it time to build on that. Since THQ didn't have all the features we had in their version of the game at once they came into the game over time

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby Kyle » Feb 19, '15, 10:25 am

I enjoyed it for what it was, but nothing more.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby Locke » Feb 19, '15, 12:13 pm

No Mercy still #1.

Locke Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 137

Postby Messiah » Feb 19, '15, 9:52 pm

How is the online? I'm thinking about scooping it because I LOVE WWE online.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 470

Postby War Daddy » Feb 19, '15, 11:43 pm

I have it and enjoy it alot. You can definately throw people off the top of the cell cuz I do it all the time.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Return to Gaming and Technology