It is currently: Apr 29, '24, 4:12 am

Fondest Gaming Memories

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

Fondest Gaming Memories

Postby Str8Shooter » Apr 23, '14, 12:40 pm

So I'm guessing most people here have been gaming for a long time, probably since you were kids. So what are some of your fondest gaming memories from growing up as a gamer?

Str8Shooter Male
Creative Team
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 359

Re: Fondest Gaming Memories

Postby Kein » Apr 23, '14, 1:46 pm

Hard for me to really pinpoint a handful of fond memories, but I know the best ones for me are always when I am running to a partner and I make it just in time to either save them or finish off the objective. Those hell yea moments when everyone knows what you did and it made a difference, those are great. I am a sacrificial player, I will stay behind and help others to my death to make other things succeed.

Also when I played Chivalry and was the last man standing and killed 3 people for the Deathmatch win. Everyone saw that shit.

Kein Male
Intercontinental Champ
Intercontinental Champ

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 15

Postby Everlong » Apr 23, '14, 1:52 pm

I don't think it gets any better than all of the hours I spent playing Super Smash Bros for N64 with some of my best friends growing up. We all played so much that we all got incredibly good, so much so that it's ruined playing the game with anyone else because there's just no challenge at all :lol. It was super competitive, we all learned each other's tendencies as well which made it even better.

I also have some great memories of setting up LAN parties for Halo and Halo 2 in high school. As much as I love online gaming and the way it's allowed me to play with friends I never get to see any more, I do miss the atmosphere and camaraderie of LAN parties.

YOU HEARD IT FROM TAJ FIRST FOLKS
Everlong Male
SquaredCircle Commisioner
Living Legend
Living Legend

Topics: 2439

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Apr 23, '14, 2:48 pm

I loved playing, I think it was, Terminator vs. Robocop on the Megadrive and Streets of Rage. Engrossing stuff, especially the latter.

Also, FIFA 96 and all the pre-next gen consoles FIFA games were great days, sitting round and playing it and ended in me smashing the control and storming off after a loss!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 519

Postby Kyle » Apr 24, '14, 12:57 pm

Entering Mexico as John Marston in Red Dead Redemption. Chills.

GO PACK GO!
Kyle None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 7

Postby Hanley! » Apr 24, '14, 1:23 pm

One of my favourite gaming memories is when me and my brothers first bought Resident Evil 2. We started playing it the same night that we had bought it and we got about an hour in before deciding to save it and go to bed. It was at that point that we realised that there were no free spaces on our memory card. Frustrated by the idea of losing our progress, we kept playing.

It turned into one of the most tension-filled nights of my life. We were still young, but we stayed up until 6 or 7am, constantly worrying that our parents would come up the hall and catch us. But the game itself was more nerve-wracking as a single death would mean that we had wasted several hours only to have to restart the game from the beginning. Eventually we did finish the game, beating the last boss with no medi-packs left and very little ammo. It was a memorable night for sure.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Chewy » Apr 24, '14, 8:29 pm

Sniping a guy out of a jet in GTA 5 online.

Wyatt sig by the dazzling Tim.
Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 21

Postby War Daddy » Apr 24, '14, 9:02 pm

Beating the Elite Four when Dragonite was recharging from a hyper beam that left my Blastoise with 10 Hp. I never sweat so much in my life.

For though, I walk through the valley of the Deadman, I fear NO evil for I walk beside Brock Lesnar.

Major credit to Irin for the av and sig
War Daddy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 122

Postby Chewy » Apr 24, '14, 10:37 pm

Alpha Beast wrote:Beating the Elite Four when Dragonite was recharging from a hyper beam that left my Blastoise with 10 Hp. I never sweat so much in my life.

LOL is that even English?

I haveno idea what any of that means.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby SKS » Apr 24, '14, 10:41 pm

Chewy wrote:
Alpha Beast wrote:Beating the Elite Four when Dragonite was recharging from a hyper beam that left my Blastoise with 10 Hp. I never sweat so much in my life.

Never played Pokemon?

OH SQUARED CIRCLE, DON'T YOU DARE BE SOURRRRRR! CLAP ALONG WITH YOUR TAG CHAMPS, AND FEEL THE POWAHHHHHHHH!

SKS Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 266

Postby Ace » Apr 25, '14, 12:54 am

Chewy wrote:

:facepalm

Mine would be when I played the last level of the very first Spyro the Dragon game & beat Gnasty Gnorc & my entire family cheered me on.

Or anytime that my mom, dad, sister & I sat down & played Gaunlet: Dark Legacy together. Great times...

Ace Male
Midcard Attraction
Midcard Attraction

Topics: 35
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby JPG619 » Apr 25, '14, 10:33 pm

I been gaming since I was young. I remember growing up playing Atari and the first Nintendo systems. However I think my fondest gaming memory has to be when I got Super Nintendo for Christmas. My parents knew i was into technology and stuff so they got me the game system for Christmas and I was shocked but at the same time has some awesome times with friends back then.

JPG619 Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 29

Postby DBSoT » Apr 26, '14, 12:06 am

Mine was when I beat Zelda: Twilight Princess. Me and my dad played the game off and on for year, but I could not finish it because I was up at college. So when I finally finished it and my dad was sitting there next to me it was a really cool moment. Fist pumps for sure

DBSoT Male
Ring General
Ring General

Topics: 218

Postby SortaCreative » Apr 26, '14, 3:40 am

Killing the lich king

Irin
SortaCreative Male
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Topics: 54
Blog: View Blog (1)

Postby Chewy » Apr 26, '14, 3:39 pm

SKS wrote:
Chewy wrote:

Never played Pokemon?

Nope. Never fancied it.

Chewy None specified
Next Big Thing
Next Big Thing

Postby Viazon » Apr 26, '14, 4:03 pm

This may sound a tad sentimental but some of my favourite memories playing games all have to do with the people I played them with.

I remember back in the days, when me, my sister and my brother were all play Sonic The Hedgehog or Alex Kidd in Miracle World on the Sega Master System II. That's probably one of my earliest memories of childhood. I remember my sister, the only one of us not male, was the only who could complete the boss levels and she would always rub it in my face.

Also, I remember playing Mario Party on the Gamecube. My friend would stay over the night. This is back in our bumming around days where we had no worries and the two of us, along with my brother, would be up all night playing. If you put the settings for players to take 50 turns, the game could very well go on for hours. Those were good times.

Also, does anyone remember this kind of racing game called Wipeout? I just had images of me and my friends playing that during a sleepover.

Viazon Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topics: 244

Postby Hanley! » Apr 26, '14, 4:13 pm

Completing Sonic & Knuckles for the first time was amazing. Getting Hyper Sonic for the first time was great. It was a whole new reward I never knew existed. And the first time I played Doomsday Zone was amazing. That was an extraordinary way to finish off a game and the Sonic franchise has been trying to replicate it ever since with no success.

Viazon wrote:Also, does anyone remember this kind of racing game called Wipeout? I just had images of me and my friends playing that during a sleepover.

Yeah, I remember that game. Me and my brother used to spend loads of time playing Eliminator on Wipeout 3. The game where you scored a point for each person you killed and each lap you completed and whoever reached a certain number of points first won. That was a really fun game.

For some reason, I always liked the racing games that weren't in realistic vehicles but not the others. Wipeout, Rollcage, Mario Kart and Speed Freaks were some of the best.

Hanley! Male
World Champion
World Champion

Topics: 165

Postby Kreashko » Jun 26, '16, 11:55 am

Spending hours upon hours as a kid playing WCW/nWo Revenge with my one and only friend growing up.

Also, spending hours and hours (sometimes the whole day/weekend) playing WWE 2K14 on Xbox LIVE.

#Memories

Kreashko Male
NXT Talent
NXT Talent

9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership9 years of membership

Topics: 45

Return to Gaming and Technology