It is currently: Apr 19, '24, 9:04 pm

The Walking Dead Season 3 (Telltale)

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

The Walking Dead Season 3 (Telltale)

Postby Messiah » Dec 21, '16, 8:54 am

Has anyone started this yet?

I was skeptical because of how disappointed I was in their Batman game. Plus while I knew after Season 2 another one had to be on the way, I wasn't sure how effective it could be with an older Clementine. Based off Episode 1 (Ep. 1 and 2 released at the same time, but haven't played the latter yet), they have cleared me of my worries.

I read a review that said it was hard getting attached to Javier's family, but I'm not one of those people. They have done a good job giving me a reason to care, even if the son is a bit of a cliche. One of my biggest issues with the Batman game is they never gave me something to really care about. Maybe because it's Batman but I just never cared about anything that was happening. It all felt bland to me and lacking of personality (seriously, it felt like every episode was Batman/Wayne dealing with the same problem with the same conversations). However, this game gives you a lot of tough decisions to make early on. Javier is clearly the main character, but seeing how Clementine has progressed as a character is awesome. This life has made her tough and its clear through her dialogue, which is another strong point of this game.

I can't talk about it further without spoiling it, but Episode 1 reminded me of why I loved Telltale's Walking Dead so much - they know how to play with your emotions.

Messiah Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 470

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 (Telltale)

Postby SlightlyJames » Dec 21, '16, 10:56 am

It's a good thing they released the first two episodes together, taken individually they are really short, moreso than your average telltale instalment.

I actually didn't know going in that you would only control Clem in flashbacks. Feels weird having her be so distant after being in her shoes last time around. I suppose it's necessary for the story they're telling so they can drip feed what happened to her during the time skip. That being said I like Javi and the other new characters, I'm really interested in the New Frontier, I liked the comic cameo and I'm damn excited for the next release after the ending to episode 2. I understand logistically it had to be that way but it does bother me how the outcome of the second season got hand waved so much.

I feel like I should catch up with the comics now so I can understand the state the world's in these days. Haven't been up to date since I stopped reading a couple of years ago.

SlightlyJames Male
Ring General
Ring General

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 275

Return to Gaming and Technology