It is currently: May 04, '24, 11:12 pm

Hard reset for iPod shuffle

This is the place for gamers to talk about what they're playing, as well as for discussions about the latest tech and gadgets.

Hard reset for iPod shuffle

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 01, '16, 10:17 am

I'm selling my Ipod shuffle but need to factory reset it before dispatching to the new buyer.

Been advised to follow this method but I've downloaded the latest Itunes but the above steps don't appear at all. I can't find the summary page and right click on my Ipod only brings up 'Eject/Transfer Warnings'. I'm using Windows 10 if that helps identifying the ITunes version.

Help appreciated!

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Re: Hard reset for iPod shuffle

Postby PorkChop » Oct 01, '16, 10:37 am

I did this recently with an iPod Nano I sold on eBay. You shouldn't need to be right-clicking anywhere.

When you connect the iPod to your PC, a button shaped as an iPod should appear on iTunes near the top left of the screen (circled), next to the back/forward buttons and a drop down menu:

After clicking on it, you should see information such as the iPod's serial number and capacity, and there should be a big 'Restore iPod...' button, which should sort it out for you.

PorkChop Male
Creative Team
World Champion
World Champion

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Topics: 1430

Re: Hard reset for iPod shuffle

Postby AkydefGoldberg » Oct 01, '16, 3:48 pm

PorkChop wrote:I did this recently with an iPod Nano I sold on eBay. You shouldn't need to be right-clicking anywhere.

When you connect the iPod to your PC, a button shaped as an iPod should appear on iTunes near the top left of the screen (circled), next to the back/forward buttons and a drop down menu:

After clicking on it, you should see information such as the iPod's serial number and capacity, and there should be a big 'Restore iPod...' button, which should sort it out for you.

Thanks Porky - even wearing glasses means I miss shit so easily! ;)

AkydefGoldberg Male
Main Eventer
Main Eventer

Topic Author
Topics: 519

Return to Gaming and Technology